Jake Peavy?

he gone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 09:52 AM)
Decent chance that if there is a really a trade market for Avi, that both Avi and Abreu go out the door this winter. That changes the whole equation.

Right. As of now, I think it's very possible they win 82-87 games. Those moves would obviously change things.

Regardless, I disagree with those who think we're going to be worse/as bad this year than we were last year.

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 16, 2017 -> 03:31 PM)
Right. As of now, I think it's very possible they win 82-87 games. Those moves would obviously change things.

Regardless, I disagree with those who think we're going to be worse/as bad this year than we were last year.

A 20 win improvement?!?! omg stop. If we win 70 games that would be huge to the rebuild.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 09:31 PM)
Strongly disagree. This is a team that was above .500 in September, and the young guys are only getting better.

September is the most watered down month of the season, they were playing against a lot of AAAA guys. So the quality of the competition they were facing wasn't what it was in July or May.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 07:14 PM)
If they hold Abreu and Garcia I think there's a good chance they're moderately better. Jiminez looks like he's going to be a monster. Moncada may struggle some but he's here for a full year and that's going to improve offense right there. Hopefully Anderson's troubles are past him and he's a better player. The catchers are decent and could continue getting better. Lopez and Giolito and Fulmer is at least more promising than anything we had in our rotation last year, and we're already used to Rodon being missing. The only part right now that is clearly worse is the bullpen, but you have 100% got to expect we'll bring in some people there, if for no reason other than to try to find the next Kahnle and Swarzak.

They trade those 2 and yeah, there's 2 key positions where we're now substantially worse, balancing out the ones where we should expect some improvement.

I think they'll score more runs and hopefully get on a base at a higher clip but they will struggle on the mound and the bullpen will still be bad

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 03:42 PM)
I think they'll score more runs and hopefully get on a base at a higher clip but they will struggle on the mound and the bullpen will still be bad

And if the bullpen is good we'll probably trade most of it before the deadline. This isn't our year. This year is still for building for the future.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 03:45 PM)
And if the bullpen is good we'll probably trade most of it before the deadline. This isn't our year. This year is still for building for the future.

I forgot to mention that, good point.

We're still in sell mode and we could be looking at another top ten pick at season's end.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Nov 17, 2017 -> 04:45 PM)

Depends on how long the guys are under team control. Someone under control for 3 years like Kahnle would probably be held onto.