southsider2k5

2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes

Looks like the Sox picked up another 2018 signing: Wilber Sanchez INF. He played on the 2017 Venezuelan 15u team, so he is 17 maximum. Its been hard to find much on him. He pitched in a game against team USA 15u and did pretty well (at least compared to how most do), but the prospect league he is a part of repeatedly said INF for him. This was the only video I could find of his swing, but there are a bunch of other posts with him on that EBPAcademy instagram. Easiest way to see them might be to search for him on twitter and look through their instagram linked tweets. I was also able to find a two game sample from a different prospect league in which he went 2-8, 1 HR, 2 BB, 0 K, 2 SB, 1 CS.

Wilber Sánchez INF 2018

A post shared by EBPAcademy (@ebpacademy) on

• Like 2

On 2/7/2019 at 9:24 PM, GenericUserName said:

Looks like the Sox picked up another 2018 signing: Wilber Sanchez INF. He played on the 2017 Venezuelan 15u team, so he is 17 maximum. Its been hard to find much on him. He pitched in a game against team USA 15u and did pretty well (at least compared to how most do), but the prospect league he is a part of repeatedly said INF for him. This was the only video I could find of his swing, but there are a bunch of other posts with him on that EBPAcademy instagram. Easiest way to see them might be to search for him on twitter and look through their instagram linked tweets. I was also able to find a two game sample from a different prospect league in which he went 2-8, 1 HR, 2 BB, 0 K, 2 SB, 1 CS.

Thanks! I'm going to quote and add this to the 2019 j2 thread

edit: NVM! I assumed this was a rumord pickup for next year, misread!

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

man...who hasn't pitched yet. Has cease pitched yet? 

supposed to have a bullpen in the next few days.  I've heard nothing about Dunning, Hansen or Burdi the last few days.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

supposed to have a bullpen in the next few days.  I've heard nothing about Dunning, Hansen or Burdi the last few days.

I could live with 2/3 of those being hurt, but not dunning.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

I could live with 2/3 of those being hurt, but not dunning.

great post.

• Jonathan (Los Angeles): Does Zach Collins establish himself as the White Sox catcher of the future by the end of this year?

Kyle Glaser: It's tough because evaluators who think Collins can actually catch are limited exclusively to the White Sox organization. No one, and I mean no one, anyone on our staff has ever spoken with thinks he's a viable major league catcher. Given that, I have to say no. There is a major league role for him, but everyday catcher does not appear to be the one

++++

Sounds promising.

Just saw former White Sox farmhand Keon Barnum signed with Cleburne in the Indy Leagues joining former White Sox prospect Patrick Palmeiro AND...his DAD Rafael Palmeiro