Should The View also be cancelled?

caulfield12

Now some comic I never heard of called Trump's daughter a bad word in her monologue on some TV show and also suggested again her dad wants to have sex with his daughter. No outrage yet. Interesting how there's a double standard. Christians and Republicans are fair game just cause nobody cares if they get insulted. It's a weird dynamic. 

As long as we are playing whataboutism, why is it assumed Trump and his family are the first to have to deal with vile insults? Does anyone remember the attacks on Chelsea Clinton as a little girl? Are we forgetting how much crap Obama was given, even by the current guy who demands apologies but does exactly the same thing and has never apologized?

I will give Trump credit for one thing. He can pull the wool over so many eyes. His trick is simple. Whatever he is trying to get away with he accuses others of doing, and everyone looks the other way.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Now some comic I never heard of called Trump's daughter a bad word in her monologue on some TV show and also suggested again her dad wants to have sex with his daughter. No outrage yet. Interesting how there's a double standard. Christians and Republicans are fair game just cause nobody cares if they get insulted. It's a weird dynamic. 

I guess you do not understand the difference between a white woman insulting another white woman and blatant racism.

Of course, Trump gave his critics reason to associate him with Barr by calling her and eagerly trumpeting the success of her show. Trump’s boosterism was characteristic of him—it’s all about the ratings—but also partook of a long-standing weakness of the right.

Conservatives disdain celebrities, but dangle a C-list celebrity in front of us with a few rightward leanings and he’s immediately awarded a speaking slot at the next Republican convention. We have low regard for pop culture, but crave its validation. If it must come via a program that is a 1990s-throwback reliant on a ticking time bomb of a star, so be it.

The genesis of the “Roseanne” revival was innocent and laudable enough. The president of Disney-ABC Television Group explained the show’s inception after the 2016 election: “We looked at each other and said, ‘There’s a lot about the country we need to learn a lot more about, here on the coasts.”

He was right. The appetite for the show, which reflected none of the toxicity of Roseanne’s real-life personality, speaks of the hunger for more programming about red America. Surely, there must be other vehicles for it—assuming Hollywood doesn’t internalize the critique of Roseanne Barr as an all-too-typical Trump voter.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/30/roseanne-barr-lowry-america-trump-218578

Edited by caulfield12

19 hours ago, greg775 said:

Hard life out here for a christian.  What did your pal Rush have to say about it?

Edited by RockRaines

I used to watch Sam Bee's show every week but just need to take a step back from everything political. She throws the C word around a lot so not sure why this time is different. Oh wait, yes I do.

21 hours ago, greg775 said:

State Farm and Autotrader both pulled their ads from the show, which sounds right to me.  It's probably the worst thing you can call a woman.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

I used to watch Sam Bee's show every week but just need to take a step back from everything political. She throws the C word around a lot so not sure why this time is different. Oh wait, yes I do.

WH demands apology, yet Ted Nugent gets a WH invite where he posed by a picture of Hillary Clinton. He's also said this in the past, without apology::

“You probably can’t use the term ‘toxic c***’ in your magazine, but that’s what she is. Her very existence insults the spirit of individualism in this country,” he said. “This b**** is nothing but a two-bit whore for Fidel Castro.”

Nugent has stirred plenty of controversy with his remarks in the past, as when he spoke about killing then-President Barack Obama at a National Rifle Association meeting in 2012. He never apologized for that comment.

I am not a fan of the dismissive, insulting regard towards someone's beliefs. And I agree with raBBit that it's frustrating to see if being OK in some instances but not others. Most of his first post resonates with me.

Where I depart from raBBit is this idea that Christians in the US are in any way oppressed, or really anything in his second post above. This idea that any significant number of people are defending extremists or MS13 in any way. That is total straw man.

29 minutes ago, raBBit said:

So question for Rock

1.) Why do you think it's okay to generally talk down about 1/3 of the world and why are other religions off limits to you?

Life is not hard in the US for christians.  The christian religion is engrained in every single thing that we do, from our national holidays to our currency.  I find it hilarious that anyone thinks christians are oppressed. 

My beliefs that all religion is stupid is just as legitimate as someone who thinks its real.  You can comment on that however you like in this forum, thats what its for.  If you think I'm a moron for thinking that people who believe in their version of gods written in whatever novel they follow, then go ahead and take a swipe.   The rest of your post is confusing and odd so Ill just pretend it didnt happen.

I als

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I never said white Christians are oppressed.

They, or straight white males (the devil!!!) more specifically, just cant be Balkanized into some oppressed group (gay, minority, women, etc.). It's fair game on them. You can go at their race, privilege or religion and it's okay no reprimand.

We (straight, white males) were and are given every advantage in this world.  The very thought that we need some sort of equalizer when it comes to racism or sexism is also ridiculous.  Its like Tom Brady feeling like he's been given a hard time.

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Okay so life is not hard for Christians in the US. I am just going to bybass the fact that what, 90%+ of the people under the poverty level in America are Christians.

You didn't answer my question though. Why do you diss religion as a whole or christians specifically. Why are Jews and Muslims off base to you. If you're going to be biggotted against one group because "life is not hard" why are others bypassed. Jews in America seem to pretty well (in before SS says 4chan, altright, name calls, etc. since Jews are being mentioned).

But you've decided to rationalize your bigotry on account of socioeconomic standards. So why do jewish people get a pass from you? They have more money per capita than any one group of people in America so they should be right in your crosshairs. Are you afraid of the leftists attacking you and you just want to stick with the low hanging fruit Christians? Are you Jewish yourself? Something is inconsistent here. What is it?

To be clear, I do think the Jewish religion has evolved far more than Islam/Christianity. They lack the extreme wings that the other two religions have.

Your first sentence makes zero sense unless you are saying people are poor because they are christian.  

All religion is dumb and pointless to me.  I dont care which one we talk about.  I know the most about christianity because its where we come from and what we are indoctrinated with on a daily basis in the United States.  But if you want to poke fun of another religion, im good with it.   People are entitled to their beliefs and mine is that believing in any sort of magic being you read about in a book is silly.

Edited by RockRaines

Rabbit,

You really should just quit talking about jewish people because you dont know jack about them. There are some insanely extreme jewish people. Perhaps you are too young to have heard of Yitzhak Rabin.

Im not going to get involved in the rest. But I really dont think this has anything to do with "socioeconomic" it has to do with certain people acting as if they are an oppressed  minority while they are truly the an oppressive majority.

Jewish people are a minority, thats not really up for debate. 

Just now, raBBit said:

I don't need an equalizer. I am just preaching tolerance and equality. We are literally a country where your minority status or your sexual preference gets you college cheaper. Any corporate company brags about their minority makeup. When I was recruiting with all the big financial service institutions one girl said she recruited with another bank and it was all white males but this bank is much better because it's diverse. Everyone clapped. Imagine if I went up there and said I went to other banks and it was all Jews and this bank is more diverse. I probably would have been removed from campus.

At the end of the day, I am interested in equality.  That applies to speech more than anything else. So I'll defend rock, caulfield or strange sox in their free speech even if they are applying different standards to different people on account of their race,  religion, sex, creed, etc. But even if I defend their free speech that leads to prejudice, that doesn't mean it's the right thing for them to do. 

Its not equal, which is why they are trying to elevate minorities.  Thats the entire point.  Straight white males still hold the overwhelming majority of the power and the advantage.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

. But I really dont think this has anything to do with "socioeconomic" it has to do with certain people acting as if they are an oppressed  minority while they are truly the an oppressive majority.

Spot on.  I dont understant how people are sensitive if someone points out their advantage.  Maybe they havent come to terms with it yet, but it doesnt both me in the slightest.  Recognize your advantage and use it to help others.  

Just now, raBBit said:

You can only talk one though. That's the point. It is culturally acceptable to shit on white people and christians. Whether your perceptible to it or not, you take the low hanging fruit. Your bigoted against all religious people but you chose to shit on only the one is socially acceptable (by the ruling class standards). 

Nah, I openly talk about how stupid I think all of them are.  And thats not being a bigot, its my BELIEF

Just now, raBBit said:

My grandmother, who was essentially a second mother as both my parents worked, was Jewish. I have Jewish blood. I wasn't raised under the religion but I was raised by someone who was. So please continue to tell me what I know and what I don't know. You'd know better than me.

I obviously do know more than you because you just said something that is flat out wrong. No right minded Jewish person would ever claim that there arent "extremist" Jewish wings. I dont care what your grandmother was, because thats entirely irrelevant to your statement. 

1 minute ago, RockRaines said:

Spot on.  I dont understant how people are sensitive if someone points out their advantage.  Maybe they havent come to terms with it yet, but it doesnt both me in the slightest.  Recognize your advantage and use it to help others.  

Because certain people prefer being victims and complaining about how unfair everything is.

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Go ahead then. Talk shit about jews/muslims. Extend your bigotry to the protected groups. You won't do it. That's the hypocrisy. 

Like I said, all religion is silly to me, I dont care which one.  That includes their magic people as well.

Oh and its Miami University.

Edited by RockRaines

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You said I don't know Jews when I was raised by them. There are hasidic jews and Jews who live like amish. They aren't hurting anyone so I don't care. 

Just because you were raised by a Jewish person does not mean that you know anything about Jewish history or its people. Im not sure what your grandmother taught you about jewish extremism, etc. But based on your comment about it, its very little. Perhaps your grandmother taught you a lot, I dont know, I can only base it off your incorrect statements.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Who have I oppressed? Do you even read your own posts? Talk facts. Don't say things that have no basis. 

I dont recally mentioning your name in that post...

42 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You tell me I don't know anything about jews because you know everything about me since I am seemingly a straight white male. I give you my perspective. Instead of shedding light on what your idea is about jewish extremism you call to question my grandma did or didnt teach a child about jewish extremism and classify my statements about my life experience as simply "incorrect." Great exchange of ideas. Here I am, I've learned but that I am incorrect and your opinion holds more weight than mine on account of... oh wait you never provided your support for your opinion.  

Rabbit,

I dont know anything about you. This is a message board, I couldnt pick you out of a line up. I dont know your race, I dont know your religion, I dont know your grandmother, and none of that is really relevant to the statement I made. Youre the one who brought up your grandmother, not me. I brought up the assassination of Rabin, because that is pretty damn extreme. 

I dont know anything about your life experience, I explicitly have stated I dont know what you were taught. The only reason I brought up your grandma, is because you brought her into the conversation as some sort of example of your knowledge of jewish history. 

If you dont believe Rabin's assassination is an example of jewish extremism, I dont know what is.

Here are some more examples. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_religious_terrorism

I dont know where I classified your "life experiences" as incorrect. I am talking about jewish extremism, so I will reiterate, I have no clue what your grandmother taught you about it. But its explicitly clear in that quote I am referring to your knowledge of jewish extremism, not about whether you went to passover with grandma, not about how many times you held the torah, not how great you can read hebrew or how many stories about the old country she told you.