Sunday Baseball in Chicago 9/9 Halos and Pale Hose

elrockinMT

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I don't understand the answer, Frank never used PED's.

He's saying that Frank Thomas was the only player taking a public stand against PED use and turning that into a statement by the organization against PED use. I believe the first post, that the org is happy to take on players like Cabrera even when they shouldn't, is much more accurate. The public statements by Frank made the organization look good because he was in this organization doing the right thing, but that doesn't mean the organization was doing the right thing.

I don't get this game, but this stat line for Lopez really stands out. 6 IP, 3 BB, 2 H, 10 Ks. 

Remember how we were talking about how his ERA was dramatically better than his peripherals in part because of too many walks and too few Ks? Even ignoring the shutout part, those Ks really look good.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He's saying that Frank Thomas was the only player taking a public stand against PED use and turning that into a statement by the organization against PED use. I believe the first post, that the org is happy to take on players like Cabrera even when they shouldn't, is much more accurate. The public statements by Frank made the organization look good because he was in this organization doing the right thing, but that doesn't mean the organization was doing the right thing.

That was my intent when mentioning the Big Hurt and you may be right about the organization hierarchy but I would hope that isn’t their response to just look the other way 

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He said the organization has taken a hard line against PEDs in response to a question about CaSTtillo. Frank Thomas is not the answer and is not part of the organization and hasn't been for a while. Frank Thomas has nothing to do with any current stance on PEDs one way or the other. I know why he said Frank Thomas I just don't understand what it had to do with the current price of tea in China.

34 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

and with San Diego winning a tie for 3rd pick

As if that makes that much of a difference.  As an organization, we still can't pick and develop draft choices nearly as well as most of the successful teams in MLB.  As an example, of our 5 starting pitchers, only one (Rodon) was a draft pick.  We had to trade to get the others, relying on teams who knew what they were doing in the MLB Draft.

• Like 1