Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM

soxfan49

2 hours ago, bubba phillips said:

And thus ends the easy portion of our program.

In the first 45 games of the season, the Sox played the 4 worst hitting teams a total of 26 times, going 14-12.  The last 13 games were exclusively against those teams.

While the record of 21-24 thus far is a lot better than expected by most of us here, it was against the weakest of competition.

Let's see what we do now that we play some teams that can hit the baseball a little bit.

Remember Greg's prediction that we have a massive losing streak at some point. Ricky has been winning with mirrors. Our lineup has too many black holes and our pitching staff is flammable. Both offense and pitching have overachieved thus far. Don't know about defense. I think from what I've seen it's been OK. Ricky at this point deserves to keep his job on merit.We shall see as the season progresses.

2 hours ago, zisk said:

In 3-4 weeks this roster will change quite a bit. The tough part is waiting. Collins is back from concussion protocol. Cease is coming ready or not.

Eloy will be back tomorrow and(dare I say it?) Palka and Mendick are coming. Just waiting for Alonso and Castillo to be DFA'd.

We can't DFA Alonso. Season is two months old and somebody made the decision to pay him $9 million. I would think even in the Monopoly money world of baseball a $9 million flop could cost somebody his job. No way whoever is responsible for acquiring him will cut him. Cmon.

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, Wanne said:

God is Herrera garbage now...just hot garbage.

These second-tier (right below the elite guys) relievers are so inconsistent for the most part. Soria pitched well for the Sox. Hasn't he been lousy right before and after his short stint with the Sox?

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

It's 1000 PAs! What is it going to take to be enough for you? People will be on here talking about how K-rate is one of the quickest stats to "normalize" but somehow Moncada still doesn't have a big enough sample?

FO's and Scouts have the magic PA number around 1400 AB's for a career trendline.  So no, 1000 AB's is not enough.

3 hours ago, zisk said:

In 3-4 weeks this roster will change quite a bit. The tough part is waiting. Collins is back from concussion protocol. Cease is coming ready or not.

Eloy will be back tomorrow and(dare I say it?) Palka and Mendick are coming. Just waiting for Alonso and Castillo to be DFA'd.

Unfortunately you are probably going to be waiting a long time given their salaries.

• bmags unpinned this topic