Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bmags

2020 NBA Regular Season Thread

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I am still at a stage where I think this team should be grabbing every pick it can get ahold of, even it is sacrifices someone off of the roster.

I might be in the minority - but I might be in the other camp, where if I could package Lauri and some future picks (protected of course) and get a Towns type of player, who is still young, above average, and obviously under contract...I think it could be the right part of the retooling of the Bulls. Makes the team better while probably increasing future attractiveness.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we could have moved a player to get picks, I don't care who we get them from.  This team needs chances at top end players, and they probably aren't getting them in free agency because there isn't anyone here worth coming to play with.

This I agree with - I would have jumped in on any deal where we can get a pick while not hampering LT flexibility 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I might be in the minority - but I might be in the other camp, where if I could package Lauri and some future picks (protected of course) and get a Towns type of player, who is still young, above average, and obviously under contract...I think it could be the right part of the retooling of the Bulls. Makes the team better while probably increasing future attractiveness.  

If he had the trade value to upgrade from, sure.  The problem is how close is Towns to free agency?  That is why I am thinking picks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If he had the trade value to upgrade from, sure.  The problem is how close is Towns to free agency?  That is why I am thinking picks.

I have no idea and he's just a name that comes to mind because he isn't a star and would fill a position of need (he is clearly better than Lauri or WCJ).  Pure example and you can always use OPJ as a facilator (from a contract perspective).  I don't think Lauri has a ton of value either - more of what is someone looking to do and you can probably find some creative ways to make things work.  

But I would probably trade WCJ, Lauri and a future 1st for Towns (for example).  Whether in a 1:1 deal or a multi team deal.  Where I could - I'd do a 2 for 1 where we get the better asset.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Harden didn't hit his prime yet when he was with OKC. If they keep him, they definitely win a title. A team with prime KD, Westbrook and Harden is just filthy. 

But it also had Ibaka. But it wasn’t just the harden iteration. KDs last year that was probably a title team in most years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bmags said:

I definitely thought they would win a title. It's unreal to me they never did, but they probably would have if not for one of the best teams ever.

They were all babies at the time. If OKC management didn't break them up, not a doubt in my mind they would've. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of good in this game but sooo much awful. Just a very stupid game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bmags said:

A lot of good in this game but sooo much awful. Just a very stupid game

That might be the worst two minutes to close out a game I’ve ever seen.  Too much hero ball by Lavine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bmags said:

A lot of good in this game but sooo much awful. Just a very stupid game

The turnovers were horrendous. Feels like they are going to lose this for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

That might be the worst two minutes to close out a game I’ve ever seen.  Too much hero ball by Lavine.

The problem is that besides for Lavine the rest of the team isnt shooting well. White and Lauri are both under 50%. They are 12-32, Lavine is 10-17. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the hero ball part - the whole offense looked so stagnant. Zero players wanted to move or do anything. They just wanted to watch Lavine. 
 

Still - the bulls turnover issue is bad, but this might be the sloppiest game I’ve ever seen in terms of turnovers. Just awful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

On the hero ball part - the whole offense looked so stagnant. Zero players wanted to move or do anything. They just wanted to watch Lavine. 
 

Still - the bulls turnover issue is bad, but this might be the sloppiest game I’ve ever seen in terms of turnovers. Just awful 

White looked like he didn’t even want to touch the ball in the final minute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

On the hero ball part - the whole offense looked so stagnant. Zero players wanted to move or do anything. They just wanted to watch Lavine. 
 

Still - the bulls turnover issue is bad, but this might be the sloppiest game I’ve ever seen in terms of turnovers. Just awful 

It’s stagnant because they know Lavine is going to shoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wasn’t the shooting, it was the insanely bad turnovers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

It’s stagnant because they know Lavine is going to shoot

I think Lavine took 1 shot in OT. The problem is he isnt shooting enough. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh what a Brutal loss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

I think Lavine took 1 shot in OT. The problem is he isnt shooting enough. 

Meant the last two minutes of regulation. I can’t even watch OT thanks to Directv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

Meant the last two minutes of regulation. I can’t even watch OT thanks to Directv

Ah ok, in OT its been a brick show besides for Lavine's last 3. 

And he almost just won it, even though Denzel Washington almost ran into him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LaVine doing dumb shit once again down the stretch. Had some costly turnovers as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clock started almost a second too early on last play.  On the bright side, Denzel Valentine showed better tackling ability than Eddie Jackson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoxAce said:

LaVine doing dumb shit once again down the stretch. Had some costly turnovers as well.

You going to take your Lavine hateto the grave. Every player does some dumb shit, but for most of the game he was at 2 points per shot, which is insanely efficient.

He didnt lose that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s stagnant because they know Lavine is going to shoot

Except Lavine was playing so efficient all night. They can learn a lot from that close out but more importantly the turnovers have got to get cleaned up. 
 

So many unforced mistakes by the squad. Lavine was one of only guys trying and you could see his frustration (and pain he was in from rolling that ankle). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soxbadger said:

You going to take your Lavine hateto the grave. Every player does some dumb shit, but for most of the game he was at 2 points per shot, which is insanely efficient.

He didnt lose that game. 

If you watched the thunder broadcast - all they could comment on was how non existent everyone not named Lavine was and beyond that how when it mattered late they didn’t get the ball in his hands. 
 

Lavine was not even close to who to blame for the final 2 minutes. If anyone else wanted to join him in playing it would have been another story. The whole rest of the team looked scared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the bright side, Wendell has quietly been putting together a nice string of games. Much more involved than we've ever seen him last year on offense (amazing what a good coach can do getting a player involved).

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

If you watched the thunder broadcast - all they could comment on was how non existent everyone not named Lavine was and beyond that how when it mattered late they didn’t get the ball in his hands. 
 

Lavine was not even close to who to blame for the final 2 minutes. If anyone else wanted to join him in playing it would have been another story. The whole rest of the team looked scared. 

In the last few minutes the worst two plays (decisions) were by Coby White on the offensive charge and Lauri on the 3 he jacked up early in the possession. On the Coby play the defense crashed, there were at least 3 guys in the paint and he just forced it when he wasnt even that close to the basket. 

A lot of people have invested heavily in knocking Lavine. So when the game goes against the Bulls he is the problem. 

Edited by Soxbadger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×