How do you fix Bummer?

BamaDoc

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

and the inning.

That's how we fix Bummer. He needs to pitch in the 9th. He just can't get up for 8th inning no matter how high the leverage.

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Has anybody here noticed that Kimbrel has 5 saves and a era=1.35 with the Dodgers?

Sadly I did. I also noticed that AJ Pollack's slash line in 12 games and 42 AB's is: .190/.205/.238/.443 with 0 HR's. I know he isn't the only one struggling, but he looks really lost and uncomfortable on every at bat. 

Agreed Katz needs to fix him. I also think until he gets his confidence and his dominant slider/sinker back, he needs to be in less high leverage situations. Foster and Banks have been pitching great and deserve to be in more high leverage late inning situations than Bummer. Until the better weather comes, when evidently he gets his stuff back, we cant afford to have him lose games for us.

15 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Is that a joke?

If you accept the theory that closers can't pitch in the 8th inning like Kimbrel last year then it stands to reason there are some guys like Bummer playing out of position. 

But yes it's a joke.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I didn't either. Last season was on Kimbrel not the FO for bringing him in. 

Agree, I didn't want to lose any players in a trade especially Madrigal but it was the right deal at the time to help put them over the top. It just didn't work out because the POS Kimbrel couldn't cope with the 8th inning. 

• Love 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:26 AM, The Kids Can Play said:

Sadly I did. I also noticed that AJ Pollack's slash line in 12 games and 42 AB's is: .190/.205/.238/.443 with 0 HR's. I know he isn't the only one struggling, but he looks really lost and uncomfortable on every at bat. 

His career was in the NL.  You are facing pitcher you've hardly ever seen and in unfamiliar stadiums. 

On 5/6/2022 at 3:36 PM, Texsox said:

I didn't either. Last season was on Kimbrel not the FO for bringing him in. 

I think it was a knee jerk reaction by the FO.  Bringing someone from the NL to face unfamiliar hitters expecting immediate success doesn't work for the Sox.