Sometimes We Need to Go Backward Before We Can Move Forward

ron883

10 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So in retrospect the Sox weren't bad enough during the rebuild and they aren't good enough after the rebuild. Is this what Hahn meant by mired in mediocrity ?

I mean, yeah pretty much. If you aren't bad enough during a rebuild you generally don't come out of it with difference makers from being the worst team.

Look at some of the players the Astros got through drafting during their rebuild. Springer, Correa, Bregman, Tucker. They whiffed on two #1 overall picks during this stretch as well.

The White Sox have Andrew Vaughn, and nothing else to show for their drafting efforts during this time.

The Astros were down a lot longer than the Sox were, but they have been up for a lot longer as well and the Sox are quickly going to find themselves back where we were when this started anyways.

Also found this interesting when I was looking up some of this draft history.

The White Sox have lost a first round pick for signing a Free Agent one time, in 1978. They received 21 picks over this same time for letting players sign elsewhere.

Interesting, but not surprising either.

I agree TLR needs to be fired, as well as his pathetic coaches. However even if we got a 1st or 2nd draft pick, it doesn't mean Hahn with his other FO losers and scouts, would know how to use those picks properly. Case in point; not only is this Sox team mediocre, but the entire farm system is mediocre and horrible as well.

The unfortunate fact is the owner and VP also need to be gone, before this franchise has a chance of ever winning a world series again. 

3 hours ago, T R U said:

Also found this interesting when I was looking up some of this draft history.

The White Sox have lost a first round pick for signing a Free Agent one time, in 1978. They received 21 picks over this same time for letting players sign elsewhere.

Interesting, but not surprising either.

I thought they lost a first rounder when they signed Dunn.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:26 AM, ron883 said:

It's clear the team we have is not a contender. The team is riddled with injuries. Our manager is awful and the team has seemingly given up. In order to rid the team of La Russa, they must lose enough to ensure that he won't return next year.

Further, this is the first year where they will be implementing the MLB draft lottery. The team does not have to finish in last place in order to get the first pick. This team likely won't finish in last place, so just missing the playoffs and being bad is good enough. We must lose, get rid of Tony, and get the 1st pick. 

tank.gif

Sure but as long jerry is owning the team even if TLR is gone he will probably hire Joe torre or bobby valentine. :)

Edited by Dominikk85

7 hours ago, T R U said:

I mean, yeah pretty much. If you aren't bad enough during a rebuild you generally don't come out of it with difference makers from being the worst team.

Look at some of the players the Astros got through drafting during their rebuild. Springer, Correa, Bregman, Tucker. They whiffed on two #1 overall picks during this stretch as well.

The White Sox have Andrew Vaughn, and nothing else to show for their drafting efforts during this time.

The Astros were down a lot longer than the Sox were, but they have been up for a lot longer as well and the Sox are quickly going to find themselves back where we were when this started anyways.

But missing on Aiken led to Bregman Tucker and Cameron.

Cameron helped lead to Verlander.

They got Alvarez for a song from the Dodgers and always have a knack of relying on Latin America for a number of their starting pitchers.

Plus they hit on Correa Springer and already had Altuve in house.

Edited by caulfield12

On 6/25/2022 at 8:26 PM, ron883 said:

It's clear the team we have is not a contender. The team is riddled with injuries. Our manager is awful and the team has seemingly given up. In order to rid the team of La Russa, they must lose enough to ensure that he won't return next year.

Further, this is the first year where they will be implementing the MLB draft lottery. The team does not have to finish in last place in order to get the first pick. This team likely won't finish in last place, so just missing the playoffs and being bad is good enough. We must lose, get rid of Tony, and get the 1st pick. 

tank.gif

I do agree the Sox are riddled with injuries but that’s all I agree with 

x