danman31

How about a pretty box score...

Boxscore Kannapolis vs. Lake County

Kannapolis.gif
Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R H E
Kannapolis 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 3 9 0
Lake County « 0 0 0 1 0 3 0 0 X 4 7 1
Log | Wrap | Box

W:A.Hanson(1-1) L:B.McCarthy(1-1) S:C.Southerland (1)

HR: KAN- C.Young (3) LCO- C.De La Cruz (1), K.Kouzmanoff (2)

LakeCounty.gif

Kannapolis AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI W K AVG
Chris Young cf 4 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 .222
Robert Valido ss 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 .300
Andy Gonzalez 2b 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .107
Thomas Brice lf 4 1 3 1 0 0 0 0 1 .400
Charlie Lisk c 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 .154
Clinton King dh 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286
Micah Schnurstein 3b 4 0 2 1 0 0 1 0 0 .320
Brandon Bounds 1b 3 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 .087
Seth Morris rf 4 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .190
Totals 34 3 9 2 0 1 3 1 9 &nbsp
&nbsp
Lake County AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI W K AVG
Ricardo Rojas cf 4 1 2 1 0 0 0 0 1 .389
Chris De La Cruz ss 4 2 2 0 0 1 1 0 1 .313
Ryan Goleski rf 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 .364
Kevin Kouzmanoff 3b 3 1 1 0 0 1 2 0 1 .273
Mike Conroy lf 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .265
Ryan Mulhern dh 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .370
Bill Peavey 1b 3 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 .154
Josh Noviskey c 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .100
Micah Schilling 2b 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 .281
Totals 30 4 7 1 0 2 3 0 13 &nbsp

E_C. De La Cruz. LOB_Kannapolis 7, Lake County 2. 2B_T. Brice (3), M. Schnurstein (3), R. Rojas (3). HR_C. Young (3) off E. Mujica, C. De La Cruz (1) off B. McCarthy, K. Kouzmanoff (2) off B. McCarthy. RBI_C. Young (3), R. Valido (3), M. Schnurstein (2), C. De La Cruz (4), K. Kouzmanoff 2 (6). SF_R. Valido. S_C. Young. SB_R. Valido (6), T. Brice (1), M. Schnurstein (2). CS_R. Rojas. GIDP_M. Schnurstein. DP_Kannapolis 1.

Kannapolis IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Brandon McCarthy (L 1-1) 6.0 7 4 4 0 10 2 3.00
Fabio Castro 2.0 0 0 0 0 3 0 1.80
&nbsp
Lake County IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Edward Mujica 5.0 5 2 2 0 6 1 1.69
Adam Hanson (W 1-1) 3.0 3 1 1 1 3 0 3.00
Chip Southerland (S 1) 1.0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0.00

BK_B. McCarthy.

T_2:19. A_5017.

He could use a little wildness, he is always around the plate, and some games gets hit rather hard, maybe if he was a little wild he could keep guys from taking such good cuts, but he is not a real hard thrower.

Nothing wrong with missing inside on occasion...... strategically, of course. :)

Updating how to "steal" the box score and make it look all nice...

I added a picture here to explain it better...

- from the boxscore on MILB.com - view sorce

- scroll down to almost the very end --

- just above the <!--content area tag is the box score

- just copy from the tag above the "content area" to the first

tag you see above that..

- paste in between the |dohtml| UBB tags and you get the super neat boxscore.

Tough loss for Bmac, but still solid game with 10 k's. And Castro adding another 3k's.

I also see Young's average is a little low, but damn the guy has some serious power potential too. If he could put it together, you never know, he could be like a Vernon Wells type. Speed, solid arm, good defensive range, and pop in the bat.

Tough comparsion to make this early in Young's development though.

I am not sold on Young yet. I realize that he is one of those "potential/tool" guys who could put it all together, but I want to see some production on the field before I jump on his bandwagon. He put up some decent numbers in rookie ball, but those stats can be deceiving. A red flag goes up when I see his high strikeout totals as well. I hope for the best with him, and if he does develop, than he will add even more depth to an extreme deap outfield crop in the minors.

I really think they need to get Gray's bat into the lineup. Gonzalez's star is fading fast, and he is preventing Valido from getting consistant PT at SS(his natural position), and keeping Gray from getting consistant AB's. I think they should DH Gray a little as well(giving Morris a little less PT). I think it is important to give prospects that actually have a chance to contribute at the major league level, at some point, a chance to play consistantly, especially over career minor leaguers.

Its good to see Schnurstein getting off to a good start. He came out of the gates on fire in is 1st season at rookie ball, but struggled a little last year and a lot of people jumped off his bandwagon. This is a big year for him to establish himself as a top prospect.

Its good to see McCarthy pitching well. His SO:BB ratios are simple amazing. I do agree that he could be a little more wild. Maybe throw a few more pitches out of the strikezone when he gets ahead in the count(although I have never seen him pitch so I could be way off).

The 2 Castros are establishing themselves as two of the better relief prospects in the Sox system. Its good to see that he is pitching well.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but what kind of stuff does B-Mac have? What's his out pitch that is getting him all these K's?

Low 90's fastball that he can throw through a teacup, plus curve and a change that is coming along.

Kelly Dransfeldt hit a 2-run double to give Charlotte a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 7th. Kohlmeier is pitching well. Also Birmingham is winning 4-0, top 7, and Winston-Salem is losing (shocking) 4-2 in the top of the 9th.

Charlotte beat Toledo 5-4 in 11 innings. The Knights took the lead in the 7th, added to it in the 9th with Reed and Borchard scoring. Gary Majewski and Courtney Duncan combined to blow the save and almost the game in the 9th. Scott Bikowski hit a leadoff game-winning HR in the 11th.

Charlotte Box Score

The Barons won 6-3 with Ruddy Yan, Aaron McNeal, and Rob Sasser with 2 hit games. Munoz is still yet to give up an earned run. :o :D

Birmingham Box Score

Winston-Salem lost (again) 4-2. Sweeney and Anderson both went without a hit. At least Castro and Espinal pitched well out of the pen.

Winston-Salem Box Score

Charlotte beat Toledo 5-4 in 11 innings. The Knights took the lead in the 7th, added to it in the 9th with Reed and Borchard scoring. Gary Majewski and Courtney Duncan combined to blow the save and almost the game in the 9th. Scott Bikowski hit a leadoff game-winning HR in the 11th.

Charlotte Box Score

The Barons won 6-3 with Ruddy Yan, Aaron McNeal, and Rob Sasser with 2 hit games. Munoz is still yet to give up an earned run. :o :D

Birmingham Box Score

Winston-Salem lost (again) 4-2. Sweeney and Anderson both went without a hit. At least Castro and Espinal pitched well out of the pen.

Winston-Salem Box Score

Sweeney hasn't set the world on fire at Winstom Salem, YET. Dan is ur opinion, who is more likely to be called up to Charlotte's rotation in the future. Munoz or Meaux? They both hav had excellent starts down at Birmingham.

Slow down dbaho..........  Munoz and Meaux have only made two starts each.  Keep in mind that stats this early in the year mean squat.  One hot or cold week could change a batting average 100 points.  One bad outing will completely erase two.

I'm only sayin Munoz or Meaux could be promoted if a trade gets done, and 2 guys like Rauch and Stewart are shipped out. And that won't be for a while at least. Good to see they r off to good starts though.

Right now its too early for any promotions, imo. As far as McCarthy goes, he's got great control and good movement on his pitches. His velocity is average right now, but he projects well. With his size as he fills out, I could easily see him adding 3 MPH on that fastball.

Well given the choice I think you would have to say Munoz because he already pitched at Charlotte out of the pen. I really expect Munoz to keep it up, but I'm not so sure about Meaux. It will be interesting to see how these guys continue to play. I don't know when the first promotion/demotions will be. I guess that depends on trades and injuries.