who will be the bust??

baggio202

God comes down and says only one of the four white sox question marks in the everyday line up will be a bust...which one would it be???  

45 members have voted

1. 1. God comes down and says only one of the four white sox question marks in the everyday line up will be a bust...which one would it be???

• d'angelo jimenez
    • miguel olivo
    • joe crede
    • aaron rowand

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't vote on this - I think everyone will be an All Star!

and trust me, if God ever discusses the White Sox with me, we will be having a change of luck...  :D

If god is talking to you about anything, let alone the Sox, I think we should get you help.

Seriously, I'm worried about you.

- Pete

I can't vote on this - I think everyone will be an All Star!

and trust me, if God ever discusses the White Sox with me, we will be having a change of luck...  :D

cmon cw..and everyone else too...i put this up because im having trouble really gauging where these 4 will end up this year...in a way i can see all 4 suceeding and all 4 failing..so im curious how the group as a hole feels who the weak link is...im hoping you guys can help me gauge our youngsters...

If god is talking to you about anything, let alone the Sox, I think we should get you help.

Seriously, I'm worried about you.

- Pete

You should be worried about me, I appreciate it - and I could use some help, all the help that I can get!

so im curious how the group as a hole feels who the weak link is...im hoping you guys can help me gauge our youngsters...

baggio, somehoiw I just can't bring myself to think that any of these guys will falter - I have thought about it foir a while and I just feel confident in our position players - which is strange because I usually have questions but not this year

is it possible KW has put a hex on me? :D

Well, Rowand isn't a starter, so probably him, but I'm most worried about Olivio because he's got a lot of pressure on him and he's being rushed into a position where that can really stunt your growth, so probably Olivio.

I went with Aaron as well, simply because he's always going to be a bust in the eyes of Sox fans cause we all keep hearing about Borchard and expect him to be the centerfielder for a long time.

I think all will be sucessful though.

Jimenez scares me the most though, because he's playing a key role with this team in the leadoff slot. Lets jut say if he struggles then the offense could have its struggles. I think they have enough talent to make up for it, but its tough to win tight games when you don't have a good leadoff hitter. I think he pays off, but I hate putting so much pressure on such a young kid.

For those who care....I voted Rowand, though I am a big fan of his. I am just not sure that he'll be great after surgery...maybe a bit of range lost, having his swing babied, his arm weaker....etc.

I think all will be fine....but Rowand has the best shot of being a bust. And if Thomas has a good year, which I think he will, Jimenez will have a good year as well.....because Valentin will be in the middle, and he'll get pitches to hit if Thomas is hitting well, and then Jimenez will get pitches to hit batting in front of Valentin.

We have Borchard in the minors in case Rowand falters....so, IMO, it is no biggie if Rowand is a bust(though I don't think he will be)

I'm surprised more haven't picked Olivo. This is a kid thats making a jump from AA to the majors and is still considered very raw. He still has to learn to call a better game and to block the plate. The tools are all there and I expect him to do good, especially with Alomar teaching him, but it could definately take him some time.

I know he's going to play good defense, provide good speed and turn into a solid guy at moving guys over. Eventually he'll hit around .280 with decent power, 25 hr's max once he fully develops, and good speed. I see him really comparing with Pudge offensively and defensively, hopefully not heatlh wise. :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

what??? wheres clayton and ritchie?? oh wait a minute i foregot theyre gone lol.........i went with jimenez.. only cause i dont think hes quite got what it takes to hold up under the pressure he will soon find himself under..........leadoff and a key player up the middle.......hes gonna fold baby....like a bad poker hand........miguel is going to be awesome and so will crede... and i have faith that rowand will do just fine.. so everyone get off his back already.......... :headbang

Well, Rowand isn't a starter

DoubleM, what makes you think this? Rowand will be fine. Like I have posted earlier, in due time he will become a 25-30 HR guy. I really believe he will hit more HR's than Crede (maybe not this year). Rowand has the best arm in the OF and covers enough ground in center. I don't think the injury will be a problem.

maybe a bit of range lost, having his swing babied, his arm weaker....etc.

witesoxfan what gives here? Why would he lose range when it was shoulder and ribs that were hurt? The only way his arm is weaker is if he decides to start throwing left-handed, because that is the shoulder that was hurt.

I voted for Olivo in this poll because of the jump from AA. I'm not as worried about the jump because he spent two years at AA and the Southern League the last 2 years has been a pitcher's league. I think he will be fine long term and I believe he will be okay this year as well, but he may only hit .258 with 8 HR and 54 RBI. Would that be considered a bust? Depends on how you look at it.......

Crede will be fine and a good player, but if you are looking for 30 HR and 100 RBI out of him, then perhaps he could be considered a bust. Guess it just depends on your expectations for him.

Jiminez has the least chance to be a bust in my opinion, because I believe the expectations are the lowest for him. If he hits .260-.270, walks some and plays solid D, then that is good enough.

On Rowand, see my last post...

Keep in mind, none of these guys are going to bust out with a career year, but all should be solid and meet realistic expectations.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thanks Hot........  Too bad you are married, I could hang out with you!  ;-)

rex i think i could hang out with you too....espically since im not married....... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thanks Hot........  Too bad you are married, I could hang out with you!  ;-)

she's not married...

and she is sexy and beautiful and great hearted and the most informed Sox fan I know so what is your attraction to her?

:)

lol thanks cw.. are you trying to hook us up here or what..........

Guest hotsoxchick1
:D ok im scared to ask this but.. why does rps need a stripper????? im sure he is fully capable of finding that on his own......between him, guido and killa im sure one of them can come up with a hooters girl from somewhere...........