Aaron Rowand

southsideirish

Does ARow still have any supporters? Does anyone think he still has not received a chance to play every day or received a fair shake? I think we have seen enough to see that he is just a 4th OF and not a starter. Does anyone disagree and think we still need to see more of him?

I like the ground he covers in center and seems to be developing some Cell instincts. However, I prefer seeing a batting order with Jose, Willie, and Juan. I see Rowand's future platooning more with Willie if Rowand's bat (.212 avg) doesn't come around.

I thought in the begging of May, that this was Rowands last chance.  I really like Rownad, and think he could a very servicable 4th OF, but thats it.  I want to see Reed up here in June.

Dont get me wrong, I love ARow. He comes across as a great teammate and a guy with a lot of energy. I just wish he had more talent to go with all that. He has been awful at the plate this year. I would like nothing more htan to see this guy succeed, but it just doesn't look like he will ever be a starting OF.

I think A Row is excellent defensively but really needs to start hitting if he wants to keep his starting job. You can see signs that he can be a good hitter but hasn't gotten it together. His swing seems off and he needs to move his hands out a bit. I think his hands are in to close to his body. Just my opinion of course.

I still support Arow, I know his ba sucks but a lot of the guys on our team don't have high averages, like Konerko, CREDE, Lee but no one is talking about getting rid of them. They have proved themselves already, what ARow hasn't really done but I just think he needs a little more time. He has showed flashes that he can do good but not many times, I just hope it comes fast because time is running out.

I've always supported Rowand, and thought he'd hit well enough to keep the CF spot. Yet if he can't hit .290 or more, he's of little use to the Sox outside of being a solid 4th OFer. As he doesn't walk much, Rowand needs to hit for a high avg to get his OBP up to a respectable level. Rowand might hit. But the Sox need production now. A month and a half has been long enough.

I've also been disappointed with aaron's D. He seems a step slow this year. [that or Carlos is two steps slower and aaron has to make up the lost ground]. There was a spell earlier in the year where there were shades of Everett w/ all the balls dropping in front of him.

CF is one of the few spots to get a higher OBP guy in the Sox lineup, to mix in with the sluggers. If Willie can play respectable D and maintain an avg. around .300, he'll stay in CF.

I'm sure this will be unpopular, but I think Aaron needs a bit more time. His offense is not the only reason we've lost games. I think this team is still "gelling" and I'd like to see Aaron given a bit more time rather than just giving up on him.

Of course.. it doesn't matter when we get rid of him. He'll go on to be a .350 hitter, MVP, and make a dozen AS teams as soon as we cut him loose.. :lol:

I agree with Steff. We have some experiments happening and I wouldn't be this quick to give up on him. It is a long season.

Thanks Tex..

And my main reasoning for this is mainly due to the D'Ang experiment last year. His game was hot and many were wetting their pants over it.. and bam.. as soon as it came it was gone. Perhaps the reverse will happen for Aaron. One thing that can't be argued about him though.. he's got heart and determination. Even though he knew he was not playing Sunday he was still at the park by 9am working out. We need that on this team.

I'm not crazy about moving Willie from 2nd to CF. His defense at second has been very good and moving him defensively might affect his hitting. Let's let Willie settle in at 2nd.

That still leaves the problem of getting Uribe into the lineup EVERY Fing DAY. Ozzie are you listening? EVERY Fing DAY!!! Can Uribe play 1st? If he can, and I don't see why he couldn't, I'd sit Konerko ASAP.

I would like to see more of Timo Perez in center and I agree that Reed should be up here the moment the Sox feel he's ready.

I've seen enough of ARow. Use him as a PH, Pinch runner, late inning defensive replacement or to spell one of the other OFers.

Rowand is now tradeable, and really should be put on the block.

How do you figure?

His value is at its absolutel lowest, there is no longer a bike accident excuse.

Who is going to start against LHP? Timo can't hit them. Valentin is weak against them. Willie is overmatched.

Aaron has made his living on lefties. Which should now be his platoon role.

Rowand heated up in June last year. If we went totally different from here on out and we just cut Aaron loose, it could be a big mistake.

I do recall last year him hitting that huge homer off of Alfon-six-a, the second homer Six-a gave up in 2 days(the previous day he gave up that walk-off to Jose). I also recall Six-a going into the dugout and practically crying.

Aaron's too much of a "grinder" to give up anyways. KW brought in grinders this offseason, remember?

Does ARow still have any supporters? Does anyone think he still has not received a chance to play every day or received a fair shake? I think we have seen enough to see that he is just a 4th OF and not a starter. Does anyone disagree and think we still need to see more of him?

Unfortunatly I will have to bomb Aaron Rowand on this one. The guy sucks, that stance is costing him his stats. If you look at his stats, his average has gone down almost .75 points from last year. Yes I know it is early in the season, but have you seen his K's? They have gone up while his hits have gone down. There is evidence that he sucks, majorly and horribly. Call Reed up now, PLEASE!

I believe in Rowand. We've seen Aaron play well over parts of 3 seasons so we know he can do it, its not like he's a bum who's ceiling is .220.

I see OG has him batting 2 tonight which is good. A 2 hitter can contribute with a sacrifice, he may have to lay off pitches early in the count for the runner, or take a swing to protect him if he goes; he'll be forced to hit to right. Lots of different things but they all get him thinking about helping the team instead of standing there thinking about his .220.

But I have to say that in the long run, Willie Harris is an intriguing player in CF. He's got wide receiver speed, it took about 20 games for him to get comfortable last year, after which he was very good out there. If he keeps hitting you've got an AL Jaun Pierre.

I think the organization wants him at 2B in view of all the young OF talent coming up and dearth of promising IFs, but sometimes players don't fit the master scheme exactly as planned and you come out better in unexpected ways.