Shingo's expression

quade36

I thought it was funny when Burke went to talk to him in the 10th.  I wonder what he was saying, because I don't think Takatsu speaks English and I'm sure Burke doesn't know Japanese.

You'd be surprised what you learn when living in the environment of the foreign language for a few months. They say that if you are trying to learn a language and living in a country where it's spoken it takes you 4-6 months if you had some background knowledge of the language. I'm sure they teach some English in Japan, it's used too globally not to.

I'ver heard that he is actually busting his butt learning English. So I am sure by now he knows the very basics of baseball talk. Things like "fastball" "away" and such, I am sure he knows those by now. He has been here for some time now.

You just have to speak English real loud and anybody can understand it. :lol:

Shingo understands everything a player needs to know on the field in english.

It just has to be said slow

d-o y-o-u s-e-e t-h-a-t h-o-t c-h-i-c-k i-n t-h-e t-h-i-r-d r-o-w? S-h-e'-s m-i-n-e.

Teams have an almost unspken language nowadays. With so many players from all over the world it is necessary.

That is one of the challenges of pulling a team together. It is tough to make friends if you don't hablar espanol or speak english in many clubhouses.

lol that's true.

btw, hablar is the infinitive form. It's habla.  ;)

you are correct. Living where I life, I should have known that. It's nice to see the We Speak English signs in some windows :lol:

como se dice "closer" ey espanol?