WGN guys

gotoh00

Who else here thinks they need to change the team announcers for the White Sox? Not to bash on them or anything, but mildy hearing Darrin chiming in "YES!" after "....put it on the board!" is getting annoying. Also, both guys talk very monotonous and unclearly at times, plus they are very biased towards opposing teams. I'd like to hear someone say "He's gone!" when big Frank stikes out. :bringit

I'd like to hear someone say "He's gone!" when big Frank stikes out.

Yea, then Frank could kick his ass on the team plane. Seriously, I love Hawk and his homer style. Steve Stone could really balance things out a bit. DJ seems cool, but I don't think he adds that much other than some comic relief.

QUOTE(gotoh00 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
Who else here thinks they need to change the team announcers for the White Sox?  Not to bash on them or anything, but mildy hearing Darrin chiming in "YES!" after  "....put it on the board!" is getting annoying.  Also, both guys talk very monotonous and unclearly at times, plus they are very biased towards opposing teams.  I'd like to hear someone say "He's gone!" when big Frank stikes out.  :bringit

i don't think that :headshake ..........well maybe DJ.

They definitely need to change their pregame show guys...cuz it looks like it's going to be some goofs from Comcast and not Melton and other. If they even do a pregame show :huh :huh

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
Yeah, you and the rest of your cub fan buddies. ;)

Ugh. Reminds me of last year's game at Wrigley when Chip & Steve both sarcastically said "He Gone" at the end of the 1st game. :headshake

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
Speaking of which, is he going to be introduced to the media tomorrow or Friday...?

Physical exam tomorrow, press conference on Friday. I am not a Cubs fan fyi, I hate Chip the biggot and Steve "he's so" Stoned

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Jan 26, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
Ugh.  Reminds me of last year's game at Wrigley when Chip & Steve both sarcastically said "He Gone" at the end of the 1st game.  :headshake

Chip Caray .... He Gone!

Steve Stone .... He Gone!

What goes around, comes around.

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Who are the new Cub announcers??.....not like I really care.  and not like anyone else actually cares.

Someone else is going to have to answer that, because I totally forgot. Shows how important that is to me. :lol:

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
Who are the new Cub announcers??.....not like I really care.  and not like anyone else actually cares.

Len Kasper for PBP. Bob Brenly for color commentating.

QUOTE(gotoh00 @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
dis's a lot on Asian players and non-Cub teams in general.  In the words of Joe Morgan: "Announcers are supposed as fair and neutral as possible, no matter who is signing their paychecks."

Joe Morgan?

Pot meet kettle.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jan 27, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
Joe Morgan isn't nearly that bad.

My biggest knock on Joe Morgan is the self-serving stuff that comes from him. He never struck out in a key situation, he never made an error, his teams always won, etc... He is stuck on himself and his own era.