Twins Silva Out Until After ASG

Jason, if you're reading this, have you seen the Twinkie prospect JD Durbin pitch? If so, what do you think of him? My brother thinks that Durbin, if given the chance, could actually come up and do better than Silva. His K/9 in the minors look impressive, but he's walked 3/9 IP and given up about 9 hits per 9 (per nine, per nine, per nine, bleh :P ), which tells me he might get hit harder up at the major league level.

Anyone with knowledge about Durbin, care to share?

Durbin is supposed to be a pretty good prospect. Although personally I think he's way over-rated. He isn't near as overpowering as some make you think he is. This is just the gist I get and I don't have enough knowledge of him to make a more accurate assesment, so just take this for what its worth.

Big thing I don't like about him is for a strikeout pitcher he gives up a decent amount of hits. Its not alarming and his career minor league whip is pretty darn good, but its definately been on the downhill as of late. That and I didn't like what I saw with him when he was with the Twinkies last year.

All that said I'd take him over any pitching prospect in AA or AAA not named Brandon McCarthy (and we know I also am pretty high on Tracey). He's light years better than Diaz.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
We should make a group and call em the Pod Squad.... just a thought.

It's been done already...

San Diego has a group of "cheerleader" types who they call the Pad Squad. I can't find a link on their site, but here's an old pic of the group...

Pad_Squad2002.JPG

They still exist -- Here's some stuff on them this year.

http://www.gaslampball.com/story/2005/4/5/132745/7777

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)
Silva is their #3 starter, no?  David Gassner as their 5th starter now?

Oh, happy day.  The division is ripe for the taking. :cheers

im gonna say mulholland, twins although always find a good plugin