Neal Focking Cotts

sox-r-us

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
I've noticed a different approach in Cotts, he seems to be rearing back to throw his fastball, instead of aiming his pitches.  He is being more aggressive and challenging the hitters, somewhat like he did when he was pitching well in the minors, I like his new approach.

Its a product of Ozzie giving the guy regular chances. Instead of pitching every 10 days and thinking he has to be perfect, he knows if something happens he will pitch again soon. Regular work has given him confidence.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
Wow, tonight was a thing of beauty.  As a Cotts backer I freaking loved it.  Hell I'm probably Cotts biggest fan (next to Steff of course).

I'm over Neal.. so last year.

I am hoping for the short term at least that Cotts gets a shot as the lefty set up man. Marte has flat out not done the job this year. Politte has also been very effective in the righty set up man role.

Problem is we have waaaaaay too many mop up guys now.

Shingo, Viz, perhaps now Marte.

What's even more amazing is how many pages have been devoted to a middle reliever!!!!

Not since the days of Kent Tekulve, a healthy Paul Quantrill, or even a lights-out Scott Radinsky have so much talk have been devoted to a middle reliever.

:gosoxretro: I luv my Sox!!!!

QUOTE(OilCan @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
What's even more amazing is how many pages have been devoted to a middle reliever!!!!

Not since the days of Kent Tekulve, a healthy Paul Quantrill, or even a lights-out Scott Radinsky have so much talk have been devoted to a middle reliever.

:gosoxretro: I luv my Sox!!!!

We had a 1000 post thread about a guy who said he didn't want to come here, with GM who said he would never trade him, all about how we were going to trade for him.

This thread doesn't shock me at all.

• 3 weeks later...