Uribe's "foul call"

Milkman delivers

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cubs should stop complaining. You dont listen to a player on the opposing team. That's why you have a 1st, 3rd base coach to guide you. Next game against the cubs, when DLEE is on base, Sox fans at the Cell should yell foul so he stops running. :lolhitting

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
cubs fans have been b****ing about this too.  Bottom line-watch your third base coach idiot, especially with 2 outs.

They started b****ing about it the minute it happened. That was expected.

Someone needs to bring a roll of duct tape to the yard for Paul tonight.. :ph34r:

QUOTE(Steve Bartman's my idol @ May 23, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Remember a couple of years back, when I can't recall who the pitcher was, faked to 3rd and thru to 1st to pick off Mark Grace, I can't believe our pitcher deceived Grace like that either.

Sean Lowe, I believe.

And to answer LosMediasBlancos, I assume the media interviewed PK after the game and that's when he made his statement.

That play should be an amplified look at whats wrong with the cubs this year. A severe lack of fundamentals and overall game knowledge. They just lack situational baseball skills. Do you think pods would have stopped at second if that would have happened, no, he would have been rounding it watching his coach.

Derek Lee was an idiot for listening to Uribe, the opposing team's player. Konerko was an idiot for calling out a teammate, once again. I don't see it as being a dirty or cheap play. Derek Lee should be paying attention to his 3rd base coach.

Read only part of the thread but Uribe's play was a baseball play and Konerko should either shut his mouth or take it to kangaroo court and keep it private. Konerko is overplaying his hand here. It wasn't a dirty play and he shouldn't be trying to cause trouble with his tenuous hold on a roster spot beyond 05.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ May 23, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Read only part of the thread but Uribe's play was a baseball play and Konerko should either shut his mouth or take it to kangaroo court and keep it private. Konerko is overplaying his hand here. It wasn't a dirty play and he shouldn't be trying to cause trouble with his tenuous hold on a roster spot beyond 05.

It's not tenuous, he's all but gone. No way we pay him what he's going to want. He's not even worth the 8 mil we're giving him. I think we'll see Durazo, Huff, or a minor leaguer at 1B next year.

What Uribe did was so Little League as to be laughable. There are many unwritten rules in baseball, and this is probably one of them. What's next Uribe chanting Hey batter batter, Swing batter!?

I'd bet when Fisk was the team leader he would have had more to say than Kong. There is a professional way to play.

QUOTE(Texsox @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
I'd bet when Fisk was the team leader he would have had more to say than Kong. There is a professional way to play.

I bet Fisk would have ^5'd him.... Jim's playing golf with him next Monday so I'll have him ask.

What Uribe did was so Little League as to be laughable. There are many unwritten rules in baseball, and this is probably one of them. What's next Uribe chanting Hey batter batter, Swing batter!?

GMAFB.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ May 23, 2005 -> 12:44 PM)
Ok, I just read Lee's quotes on another board.

"I fell for the Okeydoke"

"Hey, he's just trying to help his team win"

if Lee takes the blame, why the EF is anyone else running their mouth about it?

He should be taking the blame. There's 2 outs. He should be running on anything. Uribe's distraction shouldn't have had any affect on Lee, if Lee was doing his job right.

With all do respect to Konerko, he's flat out wrong on this one. What Uribe did happens every game. It happens in every sport as well. Lee was just foolish enough to fall for it instead of picking up his third base coach.

Guest JimH
Ok, I just read Lee's quotes on another board.

"I fell for the Okeydoke"

"Hey, he's just trying to help his team win"

if Lee takes the blame, why the EF is anyone else running their mouth about it?

I must say, that's a stand up reaction by Lee.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 23, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
He should be taking the blame.  There's 2 outs.  He should be running on anything.  Uribe's distraction shouldn't have had any affect on Lee, if Lee was doing his job right.

Exactly, what's next, blaming the catcher for talking to you and trying to mess with your focus when you come up to bat??

I would be surprised if there was an issue with this at all. You always hear of infielders and outfielders trying to do things to fake out the opposition. I thought it was pretty cool that Lee fell for it. Maybe there is one of those unwritten rules, but I have never heard of it.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 23, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
Just to stir this pot, any chance Konerko's comments were made tongue in cheek and this board is overreacting?

Since this isn't the first time PK has called out a teammate, then I don't think we're overreacting at all.

And about there being an unwritten rule, if one actually exists, it gets broken a hell of a lot.