*Official* Eric Chavez Speculation/Dream Thread

GreatScott82

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
With Ozzie as manager we should all know the answer.

Timo.

actually you're right, but its worse than that. timo will close, but every 5 days he will ALSO start. fills in 2 holes at once! he's such a great utility guy like that

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
I don't think it's because he's "jumping ship" though.. I think it's because he realizes that he's not going to be part of the furture there.

Saying he "wants out" is different than "understanding how baseball works." If he understands how baseball works, he can still want to stay in Oakland but still accept the fact that he's got to go. It says he wants out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Saying he "wants out" is different than "understanding how baseball works."  If he understands how baseball works, he can still want to stay in Oakland but still accept the fact that he's got to go.  It says he wants out.

the quote from HIM says he understands how baseball works

the quote from WHOEVER says he wants out...

hmmm

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
I think also one of the other things to take into account is what happens if Shingo gets his act together? That will only give the Sox a little more flexibility to do what they need and or want to do...

all it takes it throwing the breaking balls for strikes and hes got it together.

Buehrle would love that... he has said many a times how he would love to pitch in a 4 man rotation...

it wouldnt be too hard to do either... you'd just have to work it right with the off days for contreras basically

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Saying he "wants out" is different than "understanding how baseball works."  If he understands how baseball works, he can still want to stay in Oakland but still accept the fact that he's got to go.  It says he wants out.

Ok, ok, ok....

Agree to disagree..

Sheesh..

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
I think also one of the other things to take into account is what happens if Shingo gets his act together? That will only give the Sox a little more flexibility to do what they need and or want to do...

Big if, IMO.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
all it takes it throwing the breaking balls for strikes and hes got it together.

Exactly...Shingo also needs to get more than 1 inning a week as well to stay effective... I unlike a lot of others am not ready to give up on Shingo because he has sucked thus far...last year he showed he could pitch here.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
No, it's not.  I'm just supporting what I said in the beginning because people jumped all over it.

Regardless, I hope he is fueling the movement to get him out of there, whatever brings him here is good for me. This guy would fit in so well its unbelieveable, he is a clubhouse guy, would work for us offensively and defensively and would allow us to unload double play konerko next year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
Regardless, I hope he is fueling the movement to get him out of there, whatever brings him here is good for me.  This guy would fit in so well its unbelieveable, he is a clubhouse guy, would work for us offensively and defensively and would allow us to unload double play konerko next year.

With as much as I hate Crede, I think you know that I'm also happy that he's urging to come here. :D = me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:25 AM)
No, it's not.  I'm just supporting what I said in the beginning because people jumped all over it.

If you were Chavez, would you rather sit back and collect 10 mil a year on a constantly rebuilding club(lets face it, Oakland is gonna have a rough couple of years ahead of them regardless if Chavez is traded or not.) or press for a trade to a competing team?

To me, it doesnt seem like he wants to jump off a sinking ship as much as he wants to compete for something. It just happens that the sinking ship is facilitating the need to compete. Loyalty means nothing in the game anymore, im not going to start holding it against someone now.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
If you were Chavez, would you rather sit back and collect 10 mil a year on a constantly rebuilding club(lets face it, Oakland is gonna have a rough couple of years ahead of them regardless if Chavez is traded or not.) or press for a trade to a competing team?

To me, it doesnt seem like he wants to jump off a sinking ship as much as he wants to compete for something. It just happens that the sinking ship is facilitating the need to compete. Loyalty means nothing in the game anymore, im not going to start holding it against someone now.

Once again, I'm not blaming Chavez for doing this. I was just defending what I said earlier because a few other people jumped on what I said. I want Chavez on this team a hell of a lot and I'm glad he wants to come here. I'm not holding anything against anyone.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
A few things:

*The sox won't go to a 4 man rotation. This wouldn't be an option

*I would think Oakland needs more help with its everyday lineup than its pitching.

Anderson might be as valuable for them as BMac

Haha, maybe they're sending us Zito, too.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Once again, I'm not blaming Chavez for doing this.  I was just defending what I said earlier because a few other people jumped on what I said.  I want Chavez on this team a hell of a lot and I'm glad he wants to come here.  I'm not holding anything against anyone.

How do we have this 'he wants to come here'...this whole thing could be and probably is BS...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 10:36 AM)
Once again, I'm not blaming Chavez for doing this.  I was just defending what I said earlier because a few other people jumped on what I said.  I want Chavez on this team a hell of a lot and I'm glad he wants to come here.  I'm not holding anything against anyone.

Im not trying to start a flame war with you. I was just commenting because the first thing you posted was "I dont think I like his attitude".

I think his attitude is pretty normal in the MLB world.