Ozzie's Attitude

fathom

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a problem with him in this situation. Brantley was an assclown. His apology was nothing more than the kotex boy smile at you once, s*** on you later. Ozzie didnt but it and gave him hell.

Now on him starting Timo at 1st and using that turd walker out of the pen. Defenseless.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:17 AM)
I dont have a problem with him in this situation.  Brantley was an assclown.  His apology was nothing more than the kotex boy smile at you once, s*** on you later.  Ozzie didnt but it and gave him hell.

Now on him starting Timo at 1st and using that turd walker out of the pen.  Defenseless.

Still shoulda said okay and moved on.

Not good for you, that's just being a smartass and stooping to Brantley's level.

Same thing as calling Brantley a horses*** pitcher as he did in the Southtown.

Just because Brantley is a classless jackass, doesn't mean Ozzie has to be one as well.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
I dont have a problem with him in this situation.  Brantley was an assclown.  His apology was nothing more than the kotex boy smile at you once, s*** on you later.  Ozzie didnt but it and gave him hell.

Now on him starting Timo at 1st and using that turd walker out of the pen.  Defenseless.

Brantley spoke his mind on Monday, and said what nearly everyone else was repeating. Personally, it's nice to see an announcer call out awful managing when he sees it. It's better than seeing Hawk and DJ fellating Timo's dispaly at first base tonight.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:18 PM)
Still shoulda said okay and moved on.

Not good for you, that's just being a smartass and stooping to Brantley's level.

Same thing as calling Brantley a horses*** pitcher as he did in the Southtown.

Just because Brantley is a classless jackass, doesn't mean Ozzie has to be one as well.

We didnt hire Ozzie for his class or tact. We hired him to inspire the team and get the best out of them.

If we only have to deal with a few mental breakdowns like this series great.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:21 AM)
We didnt hire Ozzie for his class or tact.  We hired him to inspire the team and get the best out of them.

I agree with why we hired Ozzie. However, how many times can we say something is a mental breakdown before it just become his decision making in general?

Let's not portray Brantley as innocent here.

This exchange, atleast according to the Tribune, is apologetic-- yet still contains a subtle dig at Guillen. Brantley claims he "wasn't trying to kill him," yet "was trying to prove a point." The 'point' being Ozzie terribly mismanaged his bullpen on Monday.

Anyways, as I see it, it's not a big deal. If this were Dusty, he'd enlighten the media with a blinding array of "dudes," "man's" and references to this being a societal issue. Brantley's dislike for our club extends beyond Monday's game. Doesn't bother me, and shouldn't effect the club.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
We didnt hire Ozzie for his class or tact.  We hired him to inspire the team and get the best out of them.

Exactly.

Ozzie didn't yell expletives at him. I would have been disappointed if he had done something of that nature. He basically just dismissed what he had to say knowing it was probably bulls*** anyways. I don't see a problem.

We should have some idea about how Ozzie's personality is and how he would react, and this was fairly tame to what it could have been.

Were some of you guys expecting a hug? :unsure:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I agree with why we hired Ozzie.  However, how many times can we say something is a mental breakdown before it just become his decision making in general?

My questions with this team.

Why does Ozzie leave pitchers in after 100 pitches with the game on the line, then pull them to put a 7+ ERA mop up guy with the game on the line.

Why are we a pull only team.

Why is Timo on this team?

Why was Walker on this team?

Why isnt Ross Gload up, he is hitting like crazy and has been playing a good first base.

Is Cotts/Viz/insert gascan here our best option for the best team in baseball.

When will Cotts learn to throw strikes.

When did Mike Jackson take over Viz's body.

Why is Greg Walker still allowed to tweak our hitters, AJ his latest victim.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:26 AM)

Why does Ozzie leave pitchers in after 100 pitches with the game on the line, then pull them to put a 7+ ERA mop up guy with the game on the line.

Why isnt Ross Gload up, he is hitting like crazy and has been playing a good first base.

Why do we bunt Pods into scoring position when he is the best base stealer in the majors, thus giving up an out?

Why does he continue to have Contreras and Hernandez pitching back-to-back in the rotation?

Why has he abandoned the hit-and-run?

Why does every pitcher lose 3 mph from their fastball when they join our team?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)

That's my thinking...Brantley is a moron and has taken numerous shots and the White sox..The guy is a Cub lover and even admitted it..

We're stuck with him???Heh

Ozzie is an emotional guy and it seems the way he is acting is some sort of shock or something. The beginning of the year we loved his attitude, now it sucks all of a sudden?

And the players(you know, the guys who actually spend time with him) Love his attitude and laid back atmosphere in the clubhouse...

They can't say enough good things about the guy, and isn't that what really counts in the end???

We're winning..the players love him...That's all that matters to me

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)
What exactly does it matter to you if Ozzie and Brantley are cool or not?  I don't give a s***.

Because I don't like seeing our manager acting like a dickhead. This Brantley/Ozzie situation isn't as bad to me as the Brad Palmer situation, etc.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
What exactly does it matter to you if Ozzie and Brantley are cool or not?  I don't give a s***.

This is obviously a circumstance where everything he says is placed under a microscope folloing a horribly managed sereis.

What a manager says doesn't bother me unless it involves particular players on the team. Call out everyone in the media if need be. They're not playing the game.

+

Why does Vizc throw that slider? It's not a good pitch, it fools noone.

When is this s*** gonna stop? Do u think we can keep winning games w/ these AAAA guys u keep throwing in?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Because I don't like seeing our manager acting like a dickhead.  This Brantley/Ozzie situation isn't as bad to me as the Brad Palmer situation, etc.

Were you going to sleep better tonight if Ozzie and Brantley made up and made out afterwards? No. GMFAB. You guys just love to complain, and this is just something else to complain about.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
Why do we bunt Pods into scoring position when he is the best base stealer in the majors, thus giving up an out?

Why does he continue to have Contreras and Hernandez pitching back-to-back in the rotation?

Why has he abandoned the hit-and-run?

Why does every pitcher lose 3 mph from their fastball when they join our team?

Who has lost 3 MPH of there fastball..Vic? His fastball seems to be the same since last year..Cliff still throws 95..Herm's fast ball is no diff then the past 3 years...Marte's FB seems to be in par from last year..example please?

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:30 AM)
Ozzie is an emotional guy and it seems the way he is acting is some sort of shock or something. The beginning of the year we loved his attitude, now it sucks all of a sudden?

"We" loved his attitude? Why do you think so many of us were pissed he got his contract extension? There's been too many games this season where it seems we had to overcome bad decisions by Ozzie to win. The job of the manager is to put his team in the best situation in order to succeed, for the short and long term. Does Ozzie really think playing Timo at 1b for one night was going to help the team?

QUOTE(GASHWOUND @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 04:33 AM)
Who has lost 3 MPH of there fastball..Vic? His fastball seems to be the same since last year..Cliff still throws 95..Herm's fast ball is no diff then the past 3 years...Marte's FB seems to be in par from last year..example please?

Viz was throwing 95 mph at times for Milwaukee last year. Garcia used to be around 93-94 mph....now he's 90-91 mph. Politte's velocity last year was consistently down from how hard he threw in his previous seasons. Don't forget our buddy Koch.