Feliz to the Sox?

Cubs Suck23

the problem with players these days, you horass them if they are doing bad and then once they have a good game nobody wants them to leave, for example jermaine dye, maybe coors field woke our bats up and we might not need to trade crede :huh

Edited by chi-guy2

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Crede hit a Home Run yesterday why would you want to trade him.

Was meant to be in green? :lol:

He's hitting .229 and he can't even lay down a bunt, that's why. He hits an occasional homerun once every couple weeks but does nothing else on offense. He only provides good defense for our team.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
so we can throw in some worthless players for a starting player?? come on.  I dont see Feliz as an upgrade to Crede anyway, this team is built on pitching and defense people, stop trying to add instand offense, the trade has to also make sense for both team, why would the Giants want to get rid of some of their more productive players for less productive players, how does that benefit them?

You do know that Edgardo Alfonso is one of the best fielding infielders in baseball right?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Was meant to be in green? :lol:

He's hitting .229 and he can't even lay down a bunt, that's why.  He has an occasional homerun once every couple weeks and does nothing else on offense.  He only provides good defense for our team.

I don't use green on obvious sarcasm.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
so we can throw in some worthless players for a starting player?? come on.  I dont see Feliz as an upgrade to Crede anyway, this team is built on pitching and defense people, stop trying to add instand offense, the trade has to also make sense for both team, why would the Giants want to get rid of some of their more productive players for less productive players, how does that benefit them?

Alfonzo is expendable for SF.

He is getting older and SF knows that they need youth and speed to make a run in the future. The Giants are done this year, why not take a flyer on Ed Al and see what Sabean would want?

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:50 PM)
Alfonzo is expendable for SF.

He is getting older and SF knows that they need youth and speed to make a run in the future. The Giants are done this year, why not take a flyer on Ed Al and see what Sabean would want?

makes more sense than feliz

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
I don't see how it's "laughable."  Crede is "laughable."  If you don't think that Kenny is looking at all available 3rd baseman right now, you're nuts.  How long do you think he is going to stick with a .229 hitting Crede?  All of the f***ing Flubs' pitchers can hit for a higher average than that.

If you read KW's words, you will see how the thought of trading for Feliz is laughable. How about this part: "...you run the danger as a general manager of stepping in maybe where you don't belong."

Why in the hell would Kenny trade for Feliz? Seriously? He's started all of six games at 3B this year. You don't break up a successful infield, guys that play with each oter every day, to get someone who's hitting .272/.309. Crede's OBP is .300. They both have 8 HR.

The Giants' starting 3B is hitting .313/.381. So, you're suggesting the Giants swap Feliz for Crede, and bench Alfonzo? Yes, that's laughable. Maybe you think KW will trade an OF for Feliz. Who? Everett? More laughs.

QUOTE(nvxplorer @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
If you read KW's words, you will see how the thought of trading for Feliz is laughable. How about this part: "...you run the danger as a general manager of stepping in maybe where you don't belong."

Why in the hell would Kenny trade for Feliz? Seriously? He's started all of six games at 3B this year. You don't break up a successful infield, guys that play with each oter every day, to get someone who's hitting .272/.309. Crede's OBP is .300. They both have 8 HR.

The Giants' starting 3B is hitting .313/.381. So, you're suggesting the Giants swap Feliz for Crede, and bench Alfonzo? Yes, that's laughable. Maybe you think KW will trade an OF for Feliz. Who? Everett? More laughs.

I think you've made your point on how you feel about this... is it really necessary to crap on others who choose to entertain the idea..? :huh

I'm not saying that Kenny is going to trade for Feliz but I do think he will look to upgrade 3rd base by the deadline if Crede continues to hit near the Mendoza Line. By the way, I never suggested trading Crede in a deal for Feliz.

Edited by Jabroni

I'm against trading Crede right now; however, I'm also against him playing full time.

I mean, even a career AAA guy like Ozuna is making him look bad at the plate.

Bench him, use him as a pinch hitter, then trade him in the offseason.

Get someone else in there to take the majority of the ABs this year.

Crede is one of the "corpseball" holdovers that the Sox need to relieve themselves of in order to play better smartball.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:58 AM)
I'm not saying that Kenny is going to trade for Feliz but I do think he will look to upgrade 3rd base by the deadline if Crede continues to hit near the Mendoza Line.

Yes, that's a possibility, but I doubt the Sox will make any move that degrades the defense. If Crede can hit between .240 and .250, I think he stays. Kenny says he doesn't want to mess with the team, and as long as they keep winning, I don't think he will.

I'm against trading Crede right now; however, I'm also against him playing full time.

I mean, even a career AAA guy like Ozuna is making him look bad at the plate.

Bench him, use him as a pinch hitter, then trade him in the offseason.

Get someone else in there to take the majority of the ABs this year.

Crede is one of the "corpseball" holdovers that the Sox need to relieve themselves of in order to play better smartball.

Agreed. The only reason Crede is our starting 3rd baseman is because he is the only one who has the glove to handle the position. I love Ozuna but he was a butcher at 3rd base last night. Obviously, Kenny saw this. I wouldn't doubt that he is looking for someone who could at least platoon with Crede at 3rd base, if not start full-time there.

Yes, that's a possibility, but I doubt the Sox will make any move that degrades the defense. If Crede can hit between .240 and .250, I think he stays. Kenny says he doesn't want to mess with the team, and as long as they keep winning, I don't think he will.

Agreed. If Crede can hit .250 I think he stays. I just have no hope in him doing so. By the way, I never suggested trading Crede in a deal for Feliz.

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:09 PM)
Agreed.  The only reason Crede is our starting 3rd baseman is because he is the only one who has the glove to handle the position.  I love Ozuna but was a butcher at 3rd base last night.  Obviously, Kenny saw this.  I wouldn't doubt that he is looking for someone who could at least platoon with Crede at 3rd base, if not start full-time there.

USA Today's List of who is available

Shea Hilebrand would be nice also. He can play first and 3rd and has a nice OBP.

Lots of possiblities everyone. Cruddy wont be starting at 3rd base soon enough, I am sure KW is getting ready to pull a nice trade to fix our weak points.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
You better believe KW has worked the phones heavily for a 3B and he's OBVIOUSLY had to have talked about Feliz.

Crede is as good as gone, a Corpseball Boras guy who has proved to be a collasal bust.

If we had Feliz as our starting 3B instead of Crede, our team would be worse. No way. He is not as good in the field and very close to Crede in terms of hitting at this point. I dont think it makes that much sense to make a move just to make a move, if KW makes a move to improve the already BEST TEAM IN BASEBALL, its going to be something that makes sense, not trading your starting 3B for a utility guy.

USA Today's List of who is available

Shea Hilebrand would be nice also.  He can play first and 3rd and has a nice OBP.

Lots of possiblities everyone.  Cruddy wont be starting at 3rd base soon enough, I am sure KW is getting ready to pull a nice trade to fix our weak points.

I would take Hillenbrand in a second. I thought he was a butcher at 3rd base but he made some nice plays against us in our series at Toronto. He obviously doesn't have the glove that Crede has but his bat is 100 times better. He could even move to 1st base after the season is over and we could let Konerko go.

Edited by Jabroni

I think one major thing about Crede is his personality. He is a great guy, I personally have had the honor of meeting him and have talked to him on numerous occations, he is one of the nicest and most approachable athletes I have ever come accross. KW is taking into account the loss of a guy like that in the clubhouse for sure.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
I would take Hillenbrand in a second.  I thought he was a butcher at 3rd base but he made some nice plays against us in our series at Toronto.  He could even move to 1st base after the season is over and we could let Konerko go.

So is everyone willing to trade our fielding ability for an upgrade offensively?

I for one am not. I think our fielding is the only thing that has kept us from losing more games. Now that our offense is picking it up, I see no need to degrade our strong point. It makes like easier on our pitchers and gives them confidence to be able to throw ground ball pitches. I dont see adding a bat at the expense of denfense an upgrade to our team. Am I the only one who feels this way?

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
I would take Hillenbrand in a second.  I thought he was a butcher at 3rd base but he made some nice plays against us in our series at Toronto.  He could even move to 1st base after the season is over and we could let Konerko go.

He would be a great option at third base. He is a great hitter with some power. The only problem is he would be a down grade defensively when compared to Crede. He plays a good 1st base so he could most definetly fill in for Konerko on occasions this season and step in as a replacement next season.