Feliz to the Sox?

Cubs Suck23

I haven't given up on Shingo yet, either. His problem has been the long ball, but he strikes out a lot of batters. I don't know what his problems are, but I hope he works them out.

The problem is that Shingo either completely fools someone for a K or gives up a bomb. He fools batters when he gets ahead in the count like he did all of last season. This season, Shingo has been getting behind the first batter he faces 3-0 almost every outing. Then he has to throw a "get-me-over" 85 MPH fastball right down the pipe. Those pitches get crushed by major league hitters. Unless Shingo starts consistently getting ahead of batters in the count, he is worthless.

Edited by Jabroni

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
The problem is that Shingo either completely fools someone for a K or gives up a bomb.  He fools batters when he gets ahead in the count like he did all last season.  This season, Shingo has been getting behind the first batter he faces 3-0.  Then he has to throw a "get-me-over" 85 MPH fastball down the pipe.  Those pitches get crushed by major league hitters.  Unless Shingo starts getting ahead of batters, he is worthless.

Yeah, that seems to be the specifics, but I wonder why he's having this problem. I don't buy the claim that the hitters are getting to know him. That may have a small effect, but Japanese hitters saw him for years without success. I'm guessing that he's having trouble adjusting psycologically after a brilliant year in the states. He's much better than he's performed so far this season, unless he's just washed up which can happen at any time. I agree with those who say a stint in Charlotte may be just what he needs. A change of scenery, less pressure, more work.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
The problem is that Shingo either completely fools someone for a K or gives up a bomb.  He fools batters when he gets ahead in the count like he did all of last season.  This season, Shingo has been getting behind the first batter he faces 3-0 almost every outing.  Then he has to throw a "get-me-over" 85 MPH fastball down the pipe.  Those pitches get crushed by major league hitters.  Unless Shingo starts consistently getting ahead of batters in the count, he is worthless.

Shingo hasn't been able to throw his offspeed stuff for strikes. The only thing he has thrown consistently for strikes is his get me over fastball [which teams are teeing off on]. His slow stuff was his bread and butter. Teams haven't hit that

If Shingo can get his slow stuff over [get his trust back in those pitches], he'll be a big force this year. Which I think he can

Shingo hasn't been able to throw his offspeed stuff for strikes. The only thing he has thrown consistently for strikes is his get me over fastball [which teams are teeing off on]. His slow stuff was his bread and butter. Teams haven't hit that

If Shingo can get his slow stuff over [get his trust back in those pitches], he'll be a big force this year. Which I think he can

Yep, I've noticed that as well. He hasn't been able to throw the frisbee over the plate all season. Of course, his 85 MPH fastball is always served up for a meatball right over the heart of the plate. :headshake

Any guys 35 or over on our team that Sabean would :wub:? ;)

And I can't see Feliz getting dealt. If there's any hope Bonds can play this season, they'll probably hang onto their chips for next season for 1 final run.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
I just saw this and am not gonna be around much so was gonna just ask a quick question (don't have time to read the whole thread right now).  Is this actually being reported as a possibility or more a name being bantied around by fans?

It was reported on XM radio i believe.

I just saw this and am not gonna be around much so was gonna just ask a quick question (don't have time to read the whole thread right now).  Is this actually being reported as a possibility or more a name being bantied around by fans?

Supposedly, Jayson Stark hinted at a Giants and Sox trade when he was on XM radio and that the Sox are talking to them about Pedro Feliz.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)

Apparently it was a blurb on XM earlier in the day..