Putting a freeze on the Meltdown talk

Controlled Chaos

50-24!! Relax people....I was at the game Sunday...yes it sucked we lost...it was f***ing miserably hot...we weren't hitting...we had tons of piss ants in our park, but it's not Armageddon people. Prior was on fire. I know we made some mistakes, but that's part of baseball.

Why is it when Garland or Buehrle pitch awesome...then we give credit to them for bringing it, but when an other teams pitcher has a great day...we say it's cause our hitters suck. Sometimes a pitcher is just on fire, whether they are on our side or theirs. Usually we can manufacture a run on those days...it just didn't get done today. We move on to Detroit and start another streak. No need to trade the team, change philosophies, etc etc etc

The sox will be fine.

:cheers

Personally, I took it a lot harder when we lost 2 out of 3 to the Devil Rays. Nobody took bragging rights. The Cub fans are gonna talk s*** regardless. For those of you who are about ready to jump off a cliff because we lost 2 out of 3 to the Cubs, take solace in the fact that we are 26 games over .500 and they are still hovering in the land of mediocrity.

We seriously didn't need these 3 games to tell us who the better team is. And while Cub fans won't admit it, any mildly intelligent Cub fan (I know, oxymoron) knows who the better team is.

im not worried, the sox and cubs usually split the games they play every year. We need to focus on the AL central now. I want beat up on the Tigers and take down Oakland.

Any chance while were in Oakland we can leave Joe Crede and Take Chavez.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
This thread is pointless because 75% of the Meltdown Thread was people berating anyone being slightly negative.  The Meltdown Thread itself was mainly optimisitic.

Well I ddin't want to read thru 7 pages of b****ing so I started my own...and if I recall one of the posts said that people want to rant in that thread so let em rant.

I started a new one so as not to rain on the rant parade, but thanks for being the thread police.

I didnt even bother to open the 'meltdown' thread but could someone please explain to me exactly why we have one?

We lost TWO games after an 8 game win streak...I'm assuming by the creator of the thread he was completely joking around but I have no interest in reading 7 pages of meaningless rants and arguments.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 11:32 AM)
I didnt even bother to open the 'meltdown' thread but could someone please explain to me exactly why we have one?

We lost TWO games after an 8 game win streak...I'm assuming by the creator of the thread he was completely joking around but I have no interest in reading 7 pages of meaningless rants and arguments.

read it. like said above, it's mostly people yelling at the few that were freaking out.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 08:09 AM)
This thread is pointless because 75% of the Meltdown Thread was people berating anyone being slightly negative.  The Meltdown Thread itself was mainly optimisitic.

At best it's 50/50. Most of the posts in the first few pages are by people who've posted a few thousand times. Kind of funny that some of these vets are the same guys that went on and on a week and a half ago about "newbies" starting dumb threads. Nothing's dumber than saying that a team that is 26 games over .500 is in the midst of a meltdown.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)

I don't understand the problem some are having with the thread. It was a horrendous game and deserved to be discussed. Now, I'm certain Cheat created the thread with the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, but many people were upset and needed a venue to vent.

It's no different than posting bulls*** following a win in any of the threads devoted to a victory.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:37 AM)
I don't understand the problem some are having with the thread. It was a horrendous game and deserved to be discussed. Now, I'm certain Cheat created the thread with the sole purpose of stirring up trouble, but many people were upset and needed a venue to vent.

It's no different than posting bulls*** following a win in any of the threads devoted to a victory.

Well I do agree the last two games were brutal to watch...And I did my share of ranting with my friends after the games. I think the title is what gets the attention of the posters on here, which was exactly what Cheat was hoping to do...Well done

I don't understand any talk ofa meltdown either, and never even considered it. We have a 9.5 game lead on the Twinkies. We have lost 2 or 3 games in arow before and always rebound. You lose games. Obviously, as much as we would like, you can't win 162 in a season.

I am probbaly maddest about Contreras and his screwing around in the 1st inning on Saturday. You have to be primed for a game from the 1st batter on. Garcia admitted after one game where he was banged around in the 1st inning that he came in flat and maybe felt a but lazy. However, he has come out lately firing. Jose can learn something too.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
I don't understand any talk ofa meltdown either, and never even considered it. We have a 9.5 game lead on the Twinkies. We have lost 2 or 3 games in arow before and always rebound. You lose games. Obviously, as much as we would like, you can't win 162 in a season.

I am probbaly maddest about Contreras and his screwing around in the 1st inning on Saturday. You have to be primed for a game from the 1st batter on. Garcia admitted after one game where he was banged around in the 1st inning that he came in flat and maybe felt a but lazy. However, he has come out lately firing. Jose can learn something too.

I'm not sure if Contreras will ever be more than what he is right now. At least now he made it out of the second inning of the game. Back with the yanks he would of been lit up and completely out of the game after that start.

As for sunday's game...Garland pitched a good game but I was sooo ticked at the pitch he threw Patterson on that 0-2 count. He throws a fastball by him up and away and then tries to get him on a slider low and inside which ended up not getting low or inside enough. Had they came back with another high fastball Patterson would've K'd and who knows what would have happened with the rest of the game.

All in all they are just two games but with the way our offense looked yesterday it does let a little concern creep into your mind.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 03:09 PM)

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
read it.  like said above, it's mostly people yelling at the few that were freaking out.

:cheers

Spot on. Try actually reading it, everyone -- most of it is pretty light stuff, some discussion and some tongue-in-cheek rants (mind, sarcasm does not HAVE to be in green). We now have 2 threads dedicated to calming down all us un-riled-up people. 3 if you count the Meltdown thread itself. Mercy.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 08:43 AM)
50-24!!  Relax people....I was at the game Sunday...yes it sucked we lost...it was f***ing miserably hot...we weren't hitting...we had tons of piss ants in our park, but it's not Armageddon people.  Prior was on fire.  I know we made some mistakes, but that's part of baseball.   

Why is it when Garland or Buehrle pitch awesome...then we give credit to them for bringing it, but when an other teams pitcher has a great day...we say it's cause our hitters suck.  Sometimes a pitcher is just on fire, whether they are on our side or theirs.  Usually we can manufacture a run on those days...it just didn't get done today.  We move on to Detroit and start another streak.  No need to trade the team, change philosophies, etc etc etc

The sox will be fine.

Nice Post :cheers

QUOTE(go-sox05 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 09:02 AM)
im not worried, the sox and cubs usually split the games they play every year.  We need to focus on the AL central now.  I want beat up on the Tigers and take down Oakland. 

Any chance while were in Oakland we can leave Joe Crede and Take Chavez.

Any chance we can leave you in Oakland? :chair

Yeah, I was pissed after Saturday and Sundays games, the Sox didn't seem to be playing with much enthusiasm, seemed flat, but i realized that the Cubs are really at a make or break point of their season, they are hovering around .500 and have their two "ace" pitchers coming back (I use the " " marks because while Prior is excellent I think Wood is way overhyped).

It just seemed the Cubs were more into both games. I hope the day off will shake up the Sox and Ozzie went crazy in the clubhouse Sunday. I want to see them have better approaches at the plate, while Prior and Maddux pitched good games, the Sox were not patient enough and they seemed to be swinging for the fences way too often.

But with that said, they are 8-2 over their last 10 games, and have built their lead to 9 games in the past month or so. Hopefully they'll come out on Tuesday against a good pitcher and refocus.

The meltdown thread wasn't as bad as I thought either, I think and I hope some people are starting to realize that every time this team has had a bump in the road they just rise to the challenge and shut up all the pessimists for a while. I think we get atleast 4 of 6 on the road trip, I think maybe even a series win at Oakland. :ph34r:

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
Nice Post :cheers

Oh thanks whitesox91403!! You actually made a post in this thread regarding MY post. There was a point in my thread about our perceptions of our pitchers vs others pitchers, but that was missed by most.

I guess it's my fault for naming it 'Putting a freeze on the meltdown talk' I just thought it was a good play on words, instead it aligned my post with that one.

Hey whatever... The sox will get it done!!