Rex should retire from NFL football.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
Ah, okay.  Maybe I would have understood if I took the thread at all seriously.  And mine is the unspoken name, but the answer to 'WWCND?' is always that he'll roundhouse kick someone.  Which just seemed called for in this thread, so I took a guess.

Yes! An uncalled-for Chuck Norris reference! Carry on!

And for future reference, if me and rock start making jokes like "WW**D?" It usually means there is someone in the thread rapidly approaching ridiculous.

Well i hope no one goes off on a wild tangent about things that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WUT I AM TALKING ABOUT. in my last thread, i simply wanted to know opinions about MB's contractual situation. somehow it got to timo being better than bonds? and in my opinion, MB is an ace,to us. on PAR with that of peavy,halladay and so on. he is not better, he is not worse, he is what you expect out of your number 1, he wins, and with a medicore offense.i dont expect MB to go out and rack up 10 k's or allow only 2 hits (which he can certainly do at times) i expect him to allow as little runs as possible, hold runners and win. period. MB is an exceptional pitcher, and has a chance at a legacy here in chicago, is he stays. he could end up winning 200+ games and a cy young or 2. im not saying he will, but i think hes that kind of pitcher. i also hope that he will one day be a 20 game winner, who knows, mayb its this year. in closing, i think we need MB to be the best he can, becuz he IS our ace, and our other pitchers look to him for that benchmark they should perform 2. MB is the most well liked pitchers on the south side since McDowell

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Well i hope no one goes off on a wild tangent about things that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WUT I AM TALKING ABOUT. in my last thread, i simply wanted to know opinions about MB's contractual situation. somehow it got to timo being better than bonds? and in my opinion, MB is an ace,to us. on PAR with that of peavy,halladay and so on. he is not better, he is not worse, he is what you expect out of your number 1, he wins, and with a medicore offense.i dont expect MB to go out and rack up 10 k's or allow only 2 hits (which he can certainly do at times) i expect him to allow as little runs as possible, hold runners and win. period. MB is an exceptional pitcher, and has a chance at a legacy here in chicago, is he stays. he could end up winning 200+ games and a cy young or 2. im not saying he will, but i think hes that kind of pitcher. i also hope that he will one day be a 20 game winner, who knows, mayb its this year. in closing, i think we need MB to be the best he can, becuz he IS our ace, and our other pitchers look to him for that benchmark they should perform 2. MB is the most well liked pitchers on the south side since McDowell

An Amalgam of idiocy. Nice work.

Thats the part that doesnt make sense.

Tell me who started the playoff game.

Sorry but to be considered a starting QB he needs to start alot more than 2 games in a given year, and I dont care if 1 of them is a playoff game. Lets say a player was healthy and benched almost all year, and was brough in to play the playoff game would you say he was the starting QB too? I know Rex was not healthy but my point is there is NOTHING so far to prove me wrong on him being a starting QB in the NFL, he has to be alot more games in a season than he so far, whether he plays a playoff game or not.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Sorry but to be considered a starting QB he needs to start alot more than 2 games in a given year, and I dont care if 1 of them is a playoff game.  Lets say a player was healthy and benched almost all year, and was brough in to play the playoff game would you say he was the starting QB too?  I know Rex was not healthy but my point is there is NOTHING so far to prove me wrong on him being a starting QB in the NFL, he has to be alot more games in a season than he so far, whether he plays a playoff game or not.

You do realize that if Rex retires, Kyle Orton is our starter... right? Rex gives us a far better shot at winning games than Orton does.

Sorry if this has been said in the previous 6 pages.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
Sorry but to be considered a starting QB he needs to start alot more than 2 games in a given year, and I dont care if 1 of them is a playoff game.  Lets say a player was healthy and benched almost all year, and was brough in to play the playoff game would you say he was the starting QB too?  I know Rex was not healthy but my point is there is NOTHING so far to prove me wrong on him being a starting QB in the NFL, he has to be alot more games in a season than he so far, whether he plays a playoff game or not.

That was NEVER your point.

You stated that Jerry Angelo named Kyle Orton as the starter!

Which was a lie!

That's what we have been calling you out on, but nice try changing the subject.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
  Lets say a player was healthy and benched almost all year, and was brough in to play the playoff game would you say he was the starting QB too?  I know Rex was not healthy but my point is there is NOTHING so far to prove me wrong on him being a starting QB in the NFL, he has to be alot more games in a season than he so far, whether he plays a playoff game or not.

Um I think you just argued against yourself there.

Starters dont love their positions due to injury, which is why Grossman came back and had his position waiting for him. They were both healthy going into the playoffs, Rex started. The GM just said he was the starter going into the year. You, my friend, need a nap or a juice box or something.

Tell me why Orton was removed as the starter, and Grossman was inserted as a Starter. If the plan was to continue with Orton as the starter, there was no point in taking Orton out seeing how that would hurt his progression towards becoming a starter for 2006. So why was Orton taken out, Nostradamus?

Being a starting QB has nothing to do with how many games he actually starts, at least not when injuries are involved. He's been our undisputed #1 quarterback for the last two years before injuries knocked him out. Using that same logic, Brad Johnson is the Minnesota Vikings' starting quarterback because he started more games this year. Clearly Culpepper is their #1 QB, which is quite similar to our situation. Orton is not a starting QB on the other hand because the only reason he has played thus far is because of an injury to our number one quarterback. Just because Orton has started more games doesn't mean that he is the better quarterback, that he is currently #1 on our depth chart, or that he will be the starter going into next season. In fact, none of those are the case.

QUOTE(crazyman26 @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
I actually gauranteed 3 years ago when Grossman first came to Chicago he would never be a starting QB.  So far I have been right but people tell me I am lucky to be right.    It does not matter the reasons though, facts are facts, until he plays alot more than 2 starts in a single NFL season, he has never been a starting QB in the NFL, and I have been right since I predicted it 3 full years ago.  Next year if he does not get injured, the people who discredit my prediction of 3 years ago will have run out of excuses I believe, since he will be on the bench behind Orton and no injury there as an excuse.    They will have to concede I was right all along that Grossman would never be a starting QB in the NFL. 

Hopefully you will also concede that I knew all along what was going to happen if I turn out to be right, especialy if Rex does not get injured.

You have established yourself as a terrible poster right off the bat.

Congratulations. :cheers

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
Based on the last 5 seasons!

BTW, if that's the case, how could you say Peavy, Halliday, Santana, Prior, Zambrano are even as good as Buehrle? They have had 1, maybe 2 good years each.

DId anyone catch this quote, and do you know who posted it?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
DId anyone catch this quote, and do you know who posted it?

I had a drag out in a game thread over silly comments made by someone that thought Buerhle was better than Santana but I dont think its the same person.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2006 -> 02:03 PM)
Nope.  It was in the stevebartman's my idol farewell thread.

I didnt think someone else would have that silly idea.

But then again Rock, SBIMI is a lawyer, the smartest man alive, he bench presses 18 wheelers for fun, and dates all of the victoria secret models at once. Maybe he could be onto something and we are all just missing it.

That reminds me, Crazyman have you told us your IQ yet?