Who do you think is going to be playing at B-ham?

baseballgal32

We'll have a really good idea in about 2 weeks, but its going to be tough to tell, especially with the Sox signing quite a few veterans for Charlotte (in order to make them more competitive).

You should see Ray Liotta, Broadway and eventually Tyler Lumsden (our 3 best starting pitching prospects) there for a considerable part of the season.

Liotta will definately start in AA while Broadway and Lummy will probably get some time in WS. In Lummy's case he's going to have to show he's healthy, if he is he has as much upside as any pitcher in our org (not that it says a lot).

Valido and Schnurstein will also be there and I think Barons fans will like both of them.

I know Fields was supposedly planned to start in AAA even b4 spring training so after having a good spring training so far he is definitely in Charlotte. Sweeney is still a bit of a ? He was slated to spend at least half the season in AA b4 spring training but now after his hot start he might end up in AAA too.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Mar 14, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
I'd guess that Sweeney and Fields probably start the year in AA, but maybe they decide to bump them up since they are two of our better prospects and they're both having a decent spring.

They'll be in Charlotte. Sweeney being healthy teamed up with the way he's hitting this spring has sealed that. Fields will be in Charlotte cause he stepped up big over the 2nd half, plus Micah Schnurstein will fit in nicely at Bham.

Rogo will also be in Charlotte.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a short article on the Barons from the Birmingham News. They didn't print the entire roster like they did in the paper.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/in...6940.xml&coll=2

Along with the guys they mentioned in the article, Rob Sasser will be back, Corwin Malone will return to being a starter. Wally Rosa is returning at C. Ehren Wasserman RP, Dwayne Pollock RP, Brian West. Others listed include Micah Shurenstin (SP?)

I'm curious where Michael Spidale will end up. I don't recall who they had listed in the outfield.

Edited by mannyfast

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 10:36 PM)
Finally moved in and back on line!!!  I can say that Chris Stewart, Pedro Lopez, Charles Haeger, Rogo, Tracey, Owens and Reynoso will be on the Charlotte Roster.

Good to have you back, BHAM. :cheers

I'll be looking forward to all the great minor league info you provide.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

Here is an updated roster that they have on minorleaguebaseball.com:

Catchers:

Wally Rosa

Gustavo Molina

Carlos Lee

Infielders:

Josh Hansen

Chris Getz

Robert Valido

Micah Schnurstein

Rob Sasser

Mike Myers

Outfielders:

Tom Collaro

Ricardo Nanita

Mark Quinn

Chris Amador

Pitchers:

Ray Liotta

Lance Broadway

Corwin Malone

Tyler Lumsden

Ryan Rodriguez

Ehran Wassermann

Rusty Tucker

Dwayne Pollok

B.J. Lamura

Fraser Dizard

Brian West

Jeff Little

QUOTE(SouthSide2004 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Here is an updated roster that they have on minorleaguebaseball.com:

Catchers:

Wally Rosa

Gustavo Molina

Carlos Lee

Infielders:

Josh Hansen

Chris Getz

Robert Valido

Micah Schnurstein

Rob Sasser

Mike Myers

Outfielders:

Tom Collaro

Ricardo Nanita

Mark Quinn

Chris Amador

Pitchers:

Ray Liotta

Lance Broadway

Corwin Malone

Tyler Lumsden

Ryan Rodriguez

Ehran Wassermann

Rusty Tucker

Dwayne Pollok

B.J. Lamura

Fraser Dizard

Brian West

Jeff Little

Wow, that's the worst Birmingham team prospect-wise in a long time. Liotta, Broadway, Lumsden are legitimate prospects on the pitching side, but the hitting side looks awful. Valido's good, I like Getz, but no top tier offensive prospects.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 4, 2006 -> 12:27 PM)
You, sir, have not gotten enough Mike Myers and Rob Sasser yet :D

I got enough Rob Sasser in 04 :headshake

When he hits them they go... of course the when is few and far between.

I'm probably going back to Alabama (1st time in a long time) this summer to visit my uncle and my cousins, so hopefully I'll catch another B-ham game and this time, since I'm way older than before, will know the prospects, take a good look at them, and hopefully get some insight and good imput for some of the spect lovers here. :)

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Apr 2, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
Good to have you back,  BHAM. :cheers

I'll be looking forward to all the great minor league info you provide.

Unfortunatly I will not in BHAM any more I will now be covering Dback and Sidewinder Games. When I get a chance I will listen to the Barons. Tucson will be a solid team. And Justin Upton will be a CF when returns from injury.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Apr 5, 2006 -> 05:36 AM)
Unfortunatly I will not in BHAM any more I will now be covering Dback and Sidewinder Games.  When I get a chance I will listen to the Barons.  Tucson will be a solid team.  And Justin Upton will be a CF when returns from injury.

WHAT!?!??! :crying. What happened to your BHAM gig?