April 10: White Sox @ Tigers Game Thread

Wedge

QUOTE(Ndgt10 @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:15 PM)
Mackowiak's 3rd K of the game.  He's just overmatched.

I thought this guy was supposed to be a platoon/off-the-bench type person. The dudes playing almost every single day. I'm sick of the right vs lefty crap.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
You gotta admit, the only reason he made the roster is because they couldnt find anyone else.  The guy is a decent pitcher, but he is still behind Polite, Cotts, BMAC, Jenks and Thornton out of the pen.

I think that's perfectly within the realm of reason, but he had to outpitch the other LOOGY's that came, and he did outpitch them against good lineups and bad ones. He busted his ass.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
Let's get everyone playing time.  I don't want any hurt feelings.

I'm glad you're able to grasp subtlety and nuance.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
I thought this guy was supposed to be a platoon/off-the-bench type person.  The dudes playing almost every single day.  I'm sick of the right vs lefty crap.

Mack is gonna get 300-400 at bats this year, of that you can be sure. And at some point, he'll get "Uribe" hot, and make those AB's worth while for a few weeks.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Apr 10, 2006 -> 01:19 PM)
I think that's perfectly within the realm of reason, but he had to outpitch the other LOOGY's that came, and he did outpitch them against good lineups and bad ones. He busted his ass.

Yes, but all but one of those LOOGY's are not in baseball at the moment I believe, and none of them made a major league roster at all. Not exactly elite competition. The guy is a decent lefty, probably better than the 2005 Marte, but hes still the last arm out of the pen.