Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

My first game thread ever. Hopefully I can bring a White Sox winner tonight for a game which appears to have a very unfavorable starting matchup for us.

Pitching Matchup:

ph_217096.jpg

Barry Zito

3-3 W-L

3.27 ERA

55 IP

37 SO

23 BB

43 H

20 ER

6 HR

vs.

ph_279782.jpg

Jon Garland

3-2 W-L

6.18 ERA

51 IP

24 SO

10 BB

66 H

35 ER

10 HR

We can do it...

:gosox1:

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from out of town. At least I didn't miss anything exciting.

Anyways, I'll be at the game tonight. My first one of the year. Can't wait.

Although, we have an unfavorable pitching matchup.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox4: :gosox3:

Hopefully Jon has good stuff tonight and the Sox can manage to scratch out a couple runs off Zito.

Furthermore, does anyone know if the organization is doing anything for Frank's return? And if so, will it be braodcast on Comcast?

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
Furthermore, does anyone know if the organization is doing anything for Frank's return? And if so, will it be braodcast on Comcast?

From Scott Reifert's blog yesterday:

I mentioned in a earlier post, but we do have a video tribute planned for tomorrow night (pregame) when Frank Thomas returns to Chicago with the Oakland A's. We also have a special little tribute planned that we hope Frank and our fans enjoy one last time.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)

I mentioned in a earlier post, but we do have a video tribute planned for tomorrow night (pregame) when Frank Thomas returns to Chicago with the Oakland A's. We also have a special little tribute planned that we hope Frank and our fans enjoy one last time.

FYI-

Called to buy tickets..tonight's game is a sell out...

:gosoxretro:

Unfortunetly, I'm missing the first few innings of the game (I hate you work, I'm going to change my hours for summer so I don't miss the start of these games..), but if Frank doesn't get a standing ovation for his first AB, something is wrong.

Do Chicago proud people :)

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 22, 2006 -> 01:35 PM)

any chance this video will be televised? im unable to get to the game, but would like to see the video tribute.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 22, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
any chance this video will be televised? im unable to get to the game, but would like to see the video tribute.

I'll try to record the video with my digital camera but it'll probably come out crappy.

hmm... for what its worth, the vegas line is:

Sox -120 Oakland +110

Its very interesting that we are still the favorite despite the fact that we all know this is one of the least favorable starting match-ups we've faced this year.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
hmm... for what its worth, the vegas line is:

Sox -120 Oakland +110

Its very interesting that we are still the favorite despite the fact that we all know this is one of the least favorable starting match-ups we've faced this year.

Home field advantage? :huh

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ May 22, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Home field advantage? :huh

yeah... thats on our side...

I was just noting that we remain the favorites in the objective eye of the vegas line-setters. So at least thats something to be optimistic about...