Game Thread: 5/22/06 White Sox vs. A's

QUOTE(JimH @ May 22, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Big win, Frank gets the HR he wanted, two actually, White Sox win. Couldn't be more perfect than that.

And for them to win on a squeeze bunt on Frank Thomas' big day back, with Frank hitting two deep, wow do I find that ironic.

Lets not forget Frank popping up when a sac fly would have given them a lead. Of course not knocking Frank, he played his best game in an A's uniform.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
What? That's the reason he wasn't a career major leaguer. You know I think Ozuna is easily one of our best hitters, always has a plan at the plate, and is easily our fastest runner.

wasnt he rated as the #1 prospect several years back.

QUOTE(JimH @ May 22, 2006 -> 11:17 PM)
Big win, Frank gets the HR he wanted, two actually, White Sox win. Couldn't be more perfect than that.

And for them to win on a squeeze bunt on Frank Thomas' big day back, with Frank hitting two deep, wow do I find that ironic.

Haha. I'm very happy with how tonight's events turned out. Everyone goes home happy.

This completely erases yesterday's loss against the Cubs.

More than winning to keep pace with Detroit, this win happened against OAKLAND. The team that has had our number. I said in the chat--and in this thread--when Ozuna had the mistake it was exactly the type of flukely play in pasts years against Oakland which let to losses. Not this time.

I feel good knowing Beane must feel upset.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:20 PM)
This completely erases yesterday's loss against the Cubs.

More than winning to keep pace with Detroit, this win happened against OAKLAND. The team that has had our number. I said in the chat--and in this thread--when Ozuna had the mistake it was exactly the type of flukely play in pasts years against Oakland which let to losses. Not this time.

I feel good knowing Beane must feel upset.

And Bobby "did his job" by not letting the errors and mistakes get to him. I luv the intensity and ice-water veins he shows.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ May 22, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
Pods doesn't bunt enough anymore. But Pods isn't as fast as Pablo either.

He was very apprehensive when it was obivous he was still worried about being hurt the first month or so, but he's laid a few more down of late. But at the same time, he's hitting like .370 since the middle of April so no real need for him to be bunting.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ May 23, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
There are plenty of times to say something like that. THis wasn't one of them. that's all I was saying. We can argue about his defense another day. :cheers

Fair enough...hence my Debbie Downer comment.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 22, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
wasnt he rated as the #1 prospect several years back.

i believe he was a top 5, im not sure about #1 overall, but yeah he was supposed to be IS a stud

Edited by daa84