Gload in left?

Pete7784

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who stole a base yesterday and who was thrown out in a crucial situation, which was followed by two more hits??????

I am not sure how fast Gload is but he hustles and that is enough for me to warrant an opportunity. Remember he would only start against righties and therefore would have a better jump the agaisnt a leftie.

It is to late now anyway so the point is moot.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
I'm convinced he has the most infield hits on the team this season.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
I think Konerko must have more infield hits than Pods.

Infield hits:

Konerko - 6

Gload - 6

Podsednik - 9

Ozuna - 8

Dye - 12

Crede - 8

Thome - 3

Pierzynski - 7

Iguchi - 16

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Sep 23, 2006 -> 02:00 AM)
I wish Gload got more playing time. I thought he did well when he played.

Did you see him throw? I was hoping that he would slowly improve after last year's shoulder injury but he showed yesterday that he still cannot survive as a regular major league outfielder. His weak arm directly led to 2 runs against Beuhrle. 1B and DH are the only positions where he can get playing time without hurting the team, despite his fine hitting.

QUOTE(TLAK @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 06:29 AM)
Did you see him throw? I was hoping that he would slowly improve after last year's shoulder injury but he showed yesterday that he still cannot survive as a regular major league outfielder. His weak arm directly led to 2 runs against Beuhrle . 1B and DH are the only positions where he can get playing time without hurting the team, despite his fine hitting.

Buehrle getting hit like all over the ballpark like a pin ball machine caused those runs. Don't make excuses for Buehrle's pathetic showing.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 24, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Buehrle getting hit like all over the ballpark like a pin ball machine caused those runs. Don't make excuses for Buehrle's pathetic showing.

Mark didn't overcome the situation, I grant you that. But a vulnerable arm out there, even the aggressive Mariners wouldn't have run on anybody else, is just like an error everytime the ball goes to him. Turn a singles into doubles and even Cy Young is going to give up runs. Mark was bad to begin with and Ross just made it worse. You can't win wth Gload in left.