Best(non-World Series) and worst all time White Sox moment.

ChiSoxLifer

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 02:02 AM)
I'm still very fond of the game against the Cubs in '02 in which we were down 8-0 in the 4th and won like 14-11, I think.

YESSSSS

My bro came up to me and laughed cuz they were down 8-0 in the 4th. I looked at him and said the game's not over yet.

wite = winnar

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 17, 2007 -> 05:36 PM)
We were there and you called the comeback, easily my best moment as well.

Awesome seats for that game to boot. I still remember getting called by my dad in the game and telling him don't worry, Yhancy Brazoban will blow the save. :drink

Hell, me you and mario were going crazy at the end of that game (only time I went more wild was when the Sox clinched).

good: Wilson Alvarez no hitter in his debut with the sox and the Sox trading Carlos Lee for Pods. You just knew the Sox were doing something different, good or bad it was gonna be different.

bad: the whole strike thing left me pretty numb for baseball for quite some time, but that was more just baseball in general.

Best Moment:

'03, when Frank hit that GW HR against the Twins on the day when we traded for Roberto Alomar + Carl Everett. Thought they were going to run past everyone after Frank smacked that HR.

Worst Moment:

Sept in Min when Loaiza took the bump ill and the Sox got swept away by the Twins. I really thought that '03 team could have done something in the playoffs.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
Best Moment:

'03, when Frank hit that GW HR against the Twins on the day when we traded for Roberto Alomar + Carl Everett. Thought they were going to run past everyone after Frank smacked that HR.

oh man, nice call. And Paulie who couldn't hit for a lick, ties the game up with a homer in extras after the twins went up one.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 12:59 PM)
Best Moment:

Worst Moment:

Sept in Min when Loaiza took the bump ill and the Sox got swept away by the Twins. I really thought that '03 team could have done something in the playoffs.

I remember that clearly. Big Frank had just missed one that went foul like the pitch before.

Definitely one of my best memories. I went pretty wild.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 02:20 AM)
William Ligue

I'd say AJ's HR vs the Dodgers.

You know, it's recent, but I really can't think of a more electric moment than the AJ homer against the Dodgers--I agree. That was just insane. And he almost fouled out; people forget that--he threw his bat down in disgust but the other guy couldn't catch it.

Positively blissful. And in their '59 jerseys--love it.

Having said that, his blastoff homer at Wrigley last year was pretty damn sweet too. The moment he hit it you KNEW it was out there--and it was, what a bomb!

Worst moment? I know I don't have the history of most here but I'd say the second half of last season. The moment being: when the game was on and I didn't even want to watch it. That's unheard of for me but I was just too drained.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 11:59 AM)
Best Moment:

Worst Moment:

Eesh. I remember that worst moment. And Loaiza was just rolling that year--he was my favorite pitcher.

That was indeed brutal.

For me, the best non World Series moment was in 2000 when the Sox clinched the division, they lost that game to Minnesota in extra innings on a walk off homer, but all the Sox fans didn't care because earlier the Royals had beaten the Indians.

The worst for me was the callapse of 2003. I expected so much that year and slumping in September was heartbreaking.

good: Wilson Alvarez no hitter in his debut with the sox and the Sox trading Carlos Lee for Pods. You just knew the Sox were doing something different, good or bad it was gonna be different.

[/quote

Wilson Alvarez' no hitter was one of the best moments I forgot to list. I still got the Newspaper clipping of that game.

Best Sox Moment?: Two I can remember, Shingo coming on the mound at the Cubs/Sox game and striking Sosa out so insanely on a pitch so slow the speed gun didn't register it and the entire park going bat s*** crazy over it. The other is El Duque's amazing inning of relief in the 05 playoffs that they made the newspaper ad for.

Worst Sox Moment? Ozzie Guillen's first game as a manager. Sox are in the driver's seat in the bottom of the 9th, all set to start on the good foot - then through Ozzie mismanagement and Billy Koch being Billy Koch - we disappoint. Kind of a metaphor for the entire season to follow I felt.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
Worst Sox Moment? Ozzie Guillen's first game as a manager. Sox are in the driver's seat in the bottom of the 9th, all set to start on the good foot - then through Ozzie mismanagement and Billy Koch being Billy Koch - we disappoint. Kind of a metaphor for the entire season to follow I felt.

God what a memory. That sucked so much ass.

Interesting tidbit, for those who care.......that was Mendy Lopez's last home run as a major leaguer (to date).

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jan 20, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
You know, it's recent, but I really can't think of a more electric moment than the AJ homer against the Dodgers--I agree. That was just insane. And he almost fouled out; people forget that--he threw his bat down in disgust but the other guy couldn't catch it.

Positively blissful. And in their '59 jerseys--love it.

Having said that, his blastoff homer at Wrigley last year was pretty damn sweet too. The moment he hit it you KNEW it was out there--and it was, what a bomb!

Worst moment? I know I don't have the history of most here but I'd say the second half of last season. The moment being: when the game was on and I didn't even want to watch it. That's unheard of for me but I was just too drained.

Eesh. I remember that worst moment. And Loaiza was just rolling that year--he was my favorite pitcher.

That was indeed brutal.

I was in that section where AJ's ball landed. I had asked my sister before AJ came up "When's the last time the Sox won on a walk-off?" Then he does that?!? It was sick! The funny part was an 8 yr old girl wound up with the ball and some guy offered her $100 right on the spot for it. The girl was just stunned!

And the worst moment part reminds of why I hate the Minnesota Twins so much. Although, it is great to see them choke in the playoffs everytime :lol: