Video Game Catch-All Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 03:22 PM)
So what are some of the best PS3 titles thus far? From what I read it seems that Metal Gear Solid 4 is a must... what else.

I'd rent MGS4. Its 90% cinema, 10% game play. What little actual gameplay there is, is fantastic. Think I finished under 32 hours. Snake.......SNAKEEEEEEE!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 08:36 AM)
This is probably a retarded question, but I'm thinking about picking up NCAA 10 and I'm wondering how would I get a roster file with all the names in it? Is there a way to download someone's roster online through the game like there is in The Show?

Yep, they have something called an "EA Locker" if you know a user that still has theirs, then just search their locker & a file will pop up.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 06:35 AM)
Uncharted 2 comes out in 3 weeks or so and is being billed as one of the best games in a while.

Yeah definitely get Uncharted 2.

Obviously Modern Warfare 2 is a must buy when it comes out next month.

Batman Arkham Asylum's also pretty dang good.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 12:19 AM)
I like NBA Live 10, but I really miss 09.

I hate how the Bulls are ranked in 09. I've updated the rosters as well as i can, and a team sans Johnson and Gibson is at #67. I can take most people with a Rose-Salmons-Deng-Thomas-Noah set, but it's impossible to play from behind with the team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
I'm shocked anyone would even bother with the NBA Live franchise when the NBA 2k franchise has perfected basketball and is leaps and bounds better than Live.

I've completely cut the NBA out of my life since the Sonics were stolen so I havent played the last 2 years of games but from my experience the 2K series is leaps and bounds better than Live.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 08:53 AM)
I've completely cut the NBA out of my life since the Sonics were stolen so I havent played the last 2 years of games but from my experience the 2K series is leaps and bounds better than Live.

It must be really, really, really, really, really annoying to have Kevin Durant stolen from you.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 21, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Uncharted 2 comes out in 3 weeks or so and is being billed as one of the best games in a while.

9.5 from IGN last week and a 9.5 from Gamespot today. Looks like it lives up to the hype.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 7, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
9.5 from IGN last week and a 9.5 from Gamespot today. Looks like it lives up to the hype.

Metacritic has it as a 97/100.

Only GTA IV (360/PS3), Ocarina of Time (N64), Soul Calibur (Dreamcast) and Tony Hawk 2 (PSOne) have ever had a higher score.