Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 06:57 AM)
That is pretty sad company for Purdue and Illinois to be in. Mid Major central.

As an Illini fan I was actually glad to see that we got an offer in on him early. Apparently he has east coast ties though, so I doubt the illini get him.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 24, 2013 -> 06:57 AM)
That is pretty sad company for Purdue and Illinois to be in. Mid Major central.

He's already a top 50 player for his class, people have huge expectations for him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
They get offered in 8th grade if they are really good.

Right, there is a difference between top 10 good and top 50 good. Top 10 good get offers as 8th/9th graders by the blue chippers. Top 50 start garnering attention from BIG type schools as 9th/10th graders, then everyone is on them as juniors/seniors.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 25, 2013 -> 10:35 AM)
So good basketball schools don't make offers to sophomores?

Sure they do, but even look at a guy like Charles Matthews offer list. And he's a 5 star right now. As the AAU season continues look for Brunson and Matthews (who just picked up Wisconsin and Marquette offers very recently) to pick up more offers.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 5, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
Didn't expect that. At least not after a few weeks had gone without a transfer.

I guess next year we play 4 guards...

I can't find anything about Starks. Not sure if you were including him in the 4.

Darius as a 5th year senior could dominate if he gets strong.

Starks may end up at Bradley. Ugh

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2013 -> 07:59 AM)
Reporters I follow on twitter are saying Darius Paul to Illinois. Guess it will sort out somehow.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mens-college-ba...illinois-illini

Sounds like what you guys said will happen. Henry to leave. Wasn't at the banquet.

Henry leaving isn't a done deal yet. Unlike Shaw, Langford and Djimde the staff actually wants him to stay.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 6, 2013 -> 12:00 PM)
Henry leaving isn't a done deal yet. Unlike Shaw, Langford and Djimde the staff actually wants him to stay.

I'm not sure why he wants to leave unless he doesn't get along with the coaches. He's a key guy for next year.

Looks like Evan Gordon (Erics brother) will be transferring from ASU to play his final season closer to home. It looks like it will be Indiana, as they have an open scholarship.

Good move for this year, and even better for the future. Eron Gordon is a 2016 recruit that will likely be a top 3 recruit in the nation. Playing up with the 17 year olds this year, he's just dominating putting up close to 25PPG in AAU. A lot like his brother Eric.