Official Recruiting Thread II

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
Torres Roundtree has decomitted from SIU for now. He says SIU is still the front runner but I'd bet money that he'll end up somewhere else now.

God damn it.

Yeah, you decomitt with the idea of going somewhere else. That sucks.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 01:48 AM)
Joseph Bertrand from Sterling chooses SIU over Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and others.

nice get for siu. bertrand is a promising player and i was hoping illinois would offer at some point. oh, well.

any link for this?

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 3, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
http://indianaelite.com/News.aspx?HeadlineID=62

Tyler Zeller has cut his list to four: IU, UNC, ND, PU.

Something has me doubting that Zeller is really as good as advertised, but I haven't seen him play myself. That said, if IU can pull this one off and actually get Zeller it would be a major coup, for the simple fact that 2 months ago he had close to zero interest in the Hoosiers.

Michigan finally landed Sam McGuffie last week. If you haven't seen him on film, take the time to check this out. I'd recommend turning the sound way down or off, but spend a few minutes watching and see why Michigan fans are stoked about getting this RB out of Houston. He is doing all of this against Texas 5A competition.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 09:41 AM)
Something has me doubting that Zeller is really as good as advertised, but I haven't seen him play myself. That said, if IU can pull this one off and actually get Zeller it would be a major coup, for the simple fact that 2 months ago he had close to zero interest in the Hoosiers.

Granted it was only a couple days of basketball, but when I saw Zeller at the adidas May Classic (same tourney Ebanks visited Bloomington on), I was surprised to see that he was a 5-star. Despite being 6-11, he looked small inside. He will have the ability too bulk up a bit, and that will certainly help. But from the little I saw, I'm in agreeance with you Rex.

I'm not going to be upset if we don't land him, as I never expected that to happen in the first place; however, it never hurts to have a local kid like that in a Hoosier uni.

Zeller is very athletic for a white 7' type, yes I said it. Rumors have been that Purdue and UNC are his top two, with Purdue having the slight lead. I don't know if UNC can overcome the homestate factors of Purdue and Indiana.

My favorite recruiting name of the year commited to UNC today, 4 star LB Ebele Okakpu.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Aug 4, 2007 -> 01:20 PM)
Zeller is very athletic for a white 7' type, yes I said it. Rumors have been that Purdue and UNC are his top two, with Purdue having the slight lead. I don't know if UNC can overcome the homestate factors of Purdue and Indiana.

Yeah, it sounds like right now its:

Purdue

UNC

IU

ND

We'll see. It'll be nice to see Painter keep cranking on the recruiting.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2007 -> 12:56 PM)
Torres Roundtree has decomitted from SIU for now. He says SIU is still the front runner but I'd bet money that he'll end up somewhere else now.

God damn it.

People die if he doesn't go to SIU! f*** this game!

QUOTE(Purdue129 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
Yeah, it sounds like right now its:

Purdue

UNC

IU

ND

We'll see. It'll be nice to see Painter keep cranking on the recruiting.

Rumor has it Zeller has changed his focus on his potential major from engineering to business. FWTW

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 04:53 PM)
Latest word is that Matt Roth will be the next IU verbal.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2007/07/26/iu...hting-up-vegas/

Aboz, any thoughts on why IU might be targeting Roth over Kyle Kuric? Roth may be a better shooter, but Kuric is no slouch and it seems he can do more on the floor. I know some big names have started to give Kuric a stronger look lately, but I wonder why he has flown under the radar somewhat.

So SIU recruit Anthony Booker jumped to #29 in the rivals 150. He's the highest 4 star. Him to go along with Mr. Dillard so far who came in at 139 and it's a solid class already even with Roundtree decommiting. Hopefully we can still either get Torres back or land Crittle or Kuric(doubt it here).

Edited by Rowand44

Shumpert FINALLY admitted he dropped Illinois today, saying his final 3 are Georgia Tech, Marquette, and North Carolina. As soon as he also admits the obvious and says he's going to UNC, the better. It's one thing to play the game, it's another to play people for fools. Also, Bruce Weber, signing day for '08 is only 3 months away, do you know where your recruiting class is? Or where ANY verbals are? What an idiot.