Official Recruiting Thread II

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 14, 2007 -> 05:17 PM)
I can't see him not going to Purdue with that schedule of visits.

That schedule makes you think Purdue, but I'll go on record now that Purdue will not be his final choice. Mark it down and call me smart if I am right or an idiot if I am wrong. Or just call me an idiot anyway...

:)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 15, 2007 -> 11:15 AM)
I no longer trust you.

Suggs to Washington per Washington radio sources. Called all the coaches recruiting him and let them know.

:angry:

Well fair enough. I'm sorry to get your guys hopes up but I was told by a very reliable recruiting guy that Suggs to Illinois was looking pretty good. I apologize.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 16, 2007 -> 06:25 PM)
Wasn't that kid an illini fan?

reportedly, but he was apparently a bigger lorenzo romar fan.

reading this story makes me wonder why the program even wasted its time on this one. another misplay i suppose.

Early, early, early 2008 top 16 classes from rivals: http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/con....asp?CID=703090

1. UCLA – Four-man class is guard heavy, but they are extremely good guards and versatile enough to play together.

2. Wake Forest - The Demon Deacons have their frontline of the future in place.

3. Ohio State - Thad Matta has potential stars in center B.J. Mullens and shooting guard William Buford.

4. Arizona - Brandon Jennings, Emmanuel Negedu and Jeff Withey are all top-40 prospects.

5. Miss. State - Romero Osby is solid, and Scotty Hopson is a future star.

6. Indiana - Kelvin Sampson landed two huge offensive threats in Devin Ebanks and Bud Mackey.

7. Washington - Solid class coming in with four prospects ranked between No. 68 and No. 113.

8. Oregon - Ernie Kent covered three positions with Michael Dunigan, Matthew Humphrey and Drew Wiley.

9. Georgetown – The Hoyas have three four-star prospects in the fold.

10. Michigan State - Tough call here between the Spartans and Maryland, but I think Delvon Roe will be in college longer than Terrence Jennings.

11. Maryland - Sean Mosley is an excellent fit for Maryland's system.

12. North Carolina - Players like Ed Davis have been successful at North Carolina.

13. Florida - Can Billy Donovan and his staff develop Kenny Kadji into the next Al Horford.

14. Alabama - A top 50 backcourt is in place.

15. Cincinnati - Two solid four-star prospects are on the way - Yancy Gates and Cashmere Wright.

16. Southern Illinois - Anthony Booker could be a superstar.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 04:45 PM)
BJ Mullens is going to be so good.

yeah, he has really improved quite a bit. i saw him as a freshman (he'd already committed at that point) and was not all that impressive. but last year he was like a totally different player. he's added something each offseason which is impressive. i think he'll end up being a better player than koufos.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 29, 2007 -> 12:41 PM)
yeah, he has really improved quite a bit. i saw him as a freshman (he'd already committed at that point) and was not all that impressive. but last year he was like a totally different player. he's added something each offseason which is impressive. i think he'll end up being a better player than koufos.

I believe he will be better as well. Also those two are going to be matchup nightmares when they are playing together. 2 7 footers, one under the basket, one beyond the arc.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 03:13 PM)
I believe he will be better as well. Also those two are going to be matchup nightmares when they are playing together. 2 7 footers, one under the basket, one beyond the arc.

i do wonder if they will even play together, though. i know that he is regarded as a high nba draft pick in some circles. a lot of that obviously depends on the season and how he plays because it's not an oden scenario where he's going to be the top pick whether or not he plays well.

also, fwiw, the brandon paul illinois just offered is a basketball guard from gurnee.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Football? I thought he was going to FSU?

Ah sorry, I follow basketball recruiting much more than football so I didn't even think to decipher, my bad.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Aug 30, 2007 -> 12:45 PM)
i do wonder if they will even play together, though. i know that he is regarded as a high nba draft pick in some circles. a lot of that obviously depends on the season and how he plays because it's not an oden scenario where he's going to be the top pick whether or not he plays well.

also, fwiw, the brandon paul illinois just offered is a basketball guard from gurnee.

Personally I think they will play together at least one season. We shall see though. Either way Thad will just keep reloading and reloading, and reloading

Michigan gets its 15th commitment from New Jersey linebacker J.B. Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald very athletic at 6-4 is the eleventh 4-star commitment for the Wolverines this year. The 15 commitments are the most ever for the Wolverines before the beginning of football season. Rivals rates Fitzgerald as the 8th best OLB in the country although he is likely to play the MIKE position at UM. He chose Michigan over Florida and Rutgers.

Angel Garcia committed to Memphis. I think this is a great move, coach Cal was in a lot and being from EC I know his game fits how coach Cal wants to use him. I.U. was a huge early leader but again give coach Cal credit for showing how Angel fits perfectly for developing what will get him to the NBA in his program. Now just hope that some of his on-line credits go through from the summer and he can have a strong acedmic senior year as well to avoid a year of prep school. GO EC repeat as state champs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(hitlesswonder @ Sep 5, 2007 -> 06:15 PM)
Strong rumors that UI assistant basketball coachTracy Webster will be leaving to join Kentucky's staff. He's regarded as Iliinois' best recruiter (responsible for the Richmond commitment). It almost goes without saying that the rumor is that Jereme Richmond will break his UI commitment and join Webster at Kentucky

Only Illini fans can have it both ways. People have been calling for Webster's head for years now and when it looks like he may be gone, it's going to become a disaster to these same fans.