Films Thread

Chisoxfn

I saw Public Enemies the other night. I thought it was good, but far from great. I really didn't have high expectation for it coming in, but still, somehow, it disappointed me. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan and I thought he and Depp did well, but it just seemed really bland overall. I will say one thing however, that the movie kind of made you feel for Dillinger a bit towards the end. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't go see it again in theaters. To me, it'll be one of those movies that could have been REALLY badass but wasn't.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 12:26 AM)
I saw Public Enemies the other night. I thought it was good, but far from great. I really didn't have high expectation for it coming in, but still, somehow, it disappointed me. I'm a huge Christian Bale fan and I thought he and Depp did well, but it just seemed really bland overall. I will say one thing however, that the movie kind of made you feel for Dillinger a bit towards the end. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't go see it again in theaters. To me, it'll be one of those movies that could have been REALLY badass but wasn't.

I agree. I posted the same that it seemed emotionally neutered and I didn't care what happened to the characters. It COULD have been GREAT, and therein lies its downfall.