Films Thread

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 10:01 PM)

If the Decepticons could hide as humans, why bother trying to hide as large machines? How come one Autobot could "smell" a decepticon yet Bumblebee didn't realize the girl was a decepticon riding inside him? Why didn't the human Decepticon do something to Bumblebee?

Why did Soundwave have to sound like Dr. Claw from inspector gadget?

continuity and making sense are bonus in a movie like Transformers. I honestly didnt expect much of either

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 28, 2009 -> 11:01 PM)

Why did Soundwave have to sound like Dr. Claw from inspector gadget?

Because it was the same voice actor who his voice in the cartoon.

Frank Welker did that Decepticon and Dr Claw.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 03:12 PM)
He didnt say "No thanks" when he was handed the keys to Batman, when the prior film was "Batman and Robin"

Completely different. The Batman series had some good stuff in it at one time, and was the type of story that could made into an actual film. The Transformers series is just 2 two hour films of watching someone else play a video game.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 05:05 PM)
If you want to get technical, the first is two hours and twenty four minutes long, the second is two hours and and thirty minutes long.

All I know, is that I entered the theater around 7pm, and left it at 10 minutes of 10pm.

There had to have been easily 15 minutes of previews.

FAQ's about Transformers 2:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2009/06/bonus_...faqs.php?page=1

My personal favorite

If you had to pick a single scene that exemplifies Michael Bay's utter disdain for story and continuity, what would it be?

When five Decepticons sink to the bottom of the ocean to retrieve Megatron's corpse. A submarine tracks five "subjects" going down, and when they get there, one of the Decepticons is killed to give parts to Megatron. 5 -1 +1 = 5, right? No, because the sub somehow tracks "six" subjects coming up. Not only is this very basic math, this is the simplest of script errors. It could not possibly have been more than one page apart in the script. And yet Michael Bay either didn't care to notice or didn't give a f***. "Math? Math is for pussies. My movies are about s*** blowing up, man."

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org...-million-hit-ap

LOS ANGELES - After just five days, "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is halfway to $400 million domestically, a box-office milestone only eight other movies have reached. If it climbs that high, the "Transformers" sequel will be by far the worst-reviewed movie ever to make the $400 million club.
Edited by santo=dorf

I noticed that 5 tracked objects to 6. That movie was f***ing horrible, and I'm saddened to say that I chipped in for that 200 million total. I wouldn't have watched it but a friend wanted to see it, and I don't hang out with him as much as I'd like to, so I went.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 29, 2009 -> 03:41 PM)
Completely different. The Batman series had some good stuff in it at one time, and was the type of story that could made into an actual film. The Transformers series is just 2 two hour films of watching someone else play a video game.

There has been like 20 years of comics, movies, and cartoons, there is plenty to go on besides Bay's vision. Im just saying you can hand the reigns of a highly profitable movie to a top notch director and let him do whatever he wants with an unlimited budget, exactly like what they did with Transformers 2, and have a decent to good action film with amazing special effects. Just because the previous movie was stupid doesnt mean someone like Nolan(and I am just using him as an example, a relative unknown at the time who had a better vision than the previous director) would turn it down, these movies are money machines.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 04:32 AM)
Despite the errors and bordem with the movie, Megan Fox still gave the movie one big toe up.

NoBbvajVGolcze0sd684nN6No1_400.png

thats a HORRIBLE picture of her... jesus