Films Thread

Chisoxfn

There has to be some sort of M.Night twist here, because the whole "person foresees death, escapes death with a lot of people, people who escape now experience grisly deaths," is tiresome. What's especially tough here is there's no way to fight death, and from past movies, no escape. It eventually gets you.

Doubt it. Now they'll just have NASCAR parts and limbs flying out of the screen and into people's faces.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like i thought, GI Joe is gonna be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The director Steven Sommers has been locked out of the editing room after a disastrous screening.

A number of sites today are pushing forward the story that G.I. Joe director Stephen Sommers has been locked out of the film’s editing room, based on a post from film producer Don Murphy’s message board (now removed), as noticed by Latino Review. The story is picking up steam, in part thanks to vaguely corroborative posts by people like Jeff Wells. And while I can’t verify the story, I have heard several really bad things about the film from a few informed sources. Common word is that it is a disaster for Paramount, and that a lot of unplanned post-production work was done to amp up the action and excitement factors and possibly just to make the thing watchable. Details of the original post from Murphy’s message board after the jump.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 10:42 AM)
Just like i thought, GI Joe is gonna be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. The director Steven Sommers has been locked out of the editing room after a disastrous screening.

Oh, I'm soooooooooo surprised. Sommers is THE worst big budget director working today. Didnt they see Van Helsing before they hired him?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Oh, I'm soooooooooo surprised. Sommers is THE worst big budget director working today. Didnt they see Van Helsing before they hired him?

Why do the big production companies skimp and save when it comes hiring for these movies? i just dont get it, this franchise has a built in fanbase that would come out for just a decent movie, but it looks like we have Van Damme StreetFighter or DragonBall Evolution all over again. Thats a shame, this kind of movie could go a long way and it looks like they killed it before it even got a chance.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 05:06 AM)
Doubt it. Now they'll just have NASCAR parts and limbs flying out of the screen and into people's faces.

I'm thinking for Final Destination 5 they take this formula to the maximum and have some random person foresee the destruction of the planet by a large asteroid. By some implausible set of circumstances he prevents the disaster, and now the whole movie is 6 billion people dying in gruesome and ridiculous ways. I'd pay for that.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
I'm thinking for Final Destination 5 they take this formula to the maximum and have some random person foresee the destruction of the planet by a large asteroid. By some implausible set of circumstances he prevents the disaster, and now the whole movie is 6 billion people dying in gruesome and ridiculous ways. I'd pay for that.

WINNAR! /End thread

LOL Flash, thats awesome. Armageddon meets Final Destination would be hilarious. The comet somehow misses earth, then performs a large U-turn and slams into the sun which brushes into earth

Encore has been running hellraiser for the past couple of weeks, so i watched it for the first time since I was a little kid. Dear lord, that is some hideous acting. The flashback scene with Frank showing up and meeting Julia before the wedding was hilarious, I was almost crying the acting was so bad funny.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 12, 2009 -> 12:29 PM)
LOL Flash, thats awesome. Armageddon meets Final Destination would be hilarious. The comet somehow misses earth, then performs a large U-turn and slams into the sun which brushes into earth

That would break the Armageddon mark for all-time worst movie Physics.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 02:32 PM)
You haven't seen The Core, have you?

Dude, I'm a geologist. We get spend hours drinking and laughing at that.

I still think Armageddon takes it by a solid margin on the physics. The geology, that's a different story; the Core takes that just for having a void space in the mantle. Armageddon though has some incredible ones. A "Rogue Comet hitting the asteroid field and dislodging an asteroid the size of texas". There really is no way to get that to work. And there's only 1 asteroid the size of texas in the solar system. And not even bacteria surviving when it hits the earth. And only having to drill to 800 feet. And a "Fault line" existing on an asteroid the size of texas. And the asteroid not being spherical.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
What would happen if an asteroid the size of texas hit the planet?

It would be a cataclysmic event, but it wouldn't destroy all life. If you want to destroy all life on earth you have to hit it with an object the size of Mars.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 06:54 PM)
It would be a cataclysmic event, but it wouldn't destroy all life. If you want to destroy all life on earth you have to hit it with an object the size of Mars.

Like, tidal waves cataclysmic?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 05:38 PM)
Like, tidal waves cataclysmic?

Like fire and brimstone raining from the sky, tsunamis that are kilometers high if it hits the ocean, all plantlife burned away in gigantic wildfires triggered by the flaming debris, 5 year nuclear winter from the airborne debris, all surface animal life dies of starvation, massive earthquakes as the crust readjusts, probably vaporize a good chunk of the oceans temporarily, etc.

You don't kill all life because there's still places life can survive. Maybe some ice caps survive and life is protected under them during the nuclear winter. Life survives in caves, or at the bottom of the ocean, places that are protected still exist.

On the other hand, you slam Mars in to Earth (this is how we formed the moon) and you literally melt the entire surface of the earth down to a depth of hundreds of kilometers and blow the atmosphere off in to space. The only protected environment there is any spores or bacteria that survive out in space and then return as debris from the blast comes back to the planet over the next few million years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Like fire and brimstone raining from the sky, tsunamis that are kilometers high if it hits the ocean, all plantlife burned away in gigantic wildfires triggered by the flaming debris, 5 year nuclear winter from the airborne debris, all surface animal life dies of starvation, massive earthquakes as the crust readjusts, probably vaporize a good chunk of the oceans temporarily, etc.

You don't kill all life because there's still places life can survive. Maybe some ice caps survive and life is protected under them during the nuclear winter. Life survives in caves, or at the bottom of the ocean, places that are protected still exist.

On the other hand, you slam Mars in to Earth (this is how we formed the moon) and you literally melt the entire surface of the earth down to a depth of hundreds of kilometers and blow the atmosphere off in to space. The only protected environment there is any spores or bacteria that survive out in space and then return as debris from the blast comes back to the planet over the next few million years.

So, you're saying, there's a chance?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2009 -> 07:54 PM)

God put it there, idiot. (Yeah, I'll go there.)