Films Thread

Chisoxfn

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Anyone else plan to see Public Enemies?

Absolutely, my buddy was reading the book and he said it was solid. I love movies made for the time era.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:08 AM)
OK, I almost never comment on the hot chick type discussions, but I need to chime in here. Someone needs to explain to me why everyone here seemed to think Megan Fox was hot, despite that her face is really kind of weird looking (nice body no doubt), but they because she has a misshapen thumb its a turn-off. Seriously, WTF? The fact that she's just plain unattractive in the face is no biggie, but the one inch of the end of her thumb is?

I'm sorry but some of you people are bizarre.

The two pictures that were posted in here, especially the first one, was the first time I saw a bad picture of her. And that's is a really weird looking thumb..

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
Anyone else plan to see Public Enemies?

I'm going to see it tonight. Part of it was film in the Paramount Theatre here in Aurora which is cool. I remember when they were filming it and everyone was going crazy the Johnny Depp was here. In fact, one of the clips thats on Yahoo right now shows him sitting in the theatre,

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
Maybe it was the music, but the last trailer didn't entertain me too much. Hmm, only 60% at RT.

I'm not sure where the hype is coming from, to be honest. I want to see it, but three people I know saw it at midnight. I don't want to see it that badly. It looks good, but it certainly doesn't look like it's that great.

I saw Public Enemies tonight and I thought it was excellent. Bale and Depp were both very good. I love movies set in that time era and they did a great job with this one. BTW Bones I rewatched "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" last night just because of your sig. I forgot just how great all the performances in that movie were.

I am currently watching ''public enemies/gangster of film'' on tmc.

''An examination of the crime-film genre zeroes in on warner brothers studio productions that made stars out of james cagney, humphrey bogart, edward g robinson''

Excellent documentary on a genre that will likely never be the same (gangster-crime) showcasing three simply fantastic actors.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 12:50 AM)
Believe it or not, 'Pehlam 123' is a good movie.

The ending was way too easy and ruined it for me.

I was hoping to see Travolta on an airplane with the nice ass model for an ending.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
I haven't seen it yet but I'm guessing Public Enemies will be nominated for Best Picture. But then again with 10 nominees this year what won't be nominated?

I haven't seen it yet, but from what people are saying, hopefully Pixar gets their due with "Up".

They're making it 10 categories now? That's stupid. I would prefer a movie or two to get snubbed each year than to have a few completely undeserving movies get nominated each time.

Also, RIP Karl Malden. I think he deserves some attention amidst all of the crying for a scumbag pedophile.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 03:56 PM)
If it's half as good as HEAT, it should be great. I can't wait.

It wasnt as good as Heat but it was a quality film. They captured the 30's so well and Depp's and Bale's performances were right on the money as expected. The balance of evil monster and a good guy that has a heart was great with Depp. Its one of those flicks that have you cheering for the bad guy.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 12:30 AM)
I saw Public Enemies tonight and I thought it was excellent. Bale and Depp were both very good. I love movies set in that time era and they did a great job with this one. BTW Bones I rewatched "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford" last night just because of your sig. I forgot just how great all the performances in that movie were.

Good to know that my signature inspired something positive...haha. I can't say enough good things about that movie. The performances, the pace, the scenery, the music, everything is just perfect.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 10:20 AM)
They're making it 10 categories now? That's stupid. I would prefer a movie or two to get snubbed each year than to have a few completely undeserving movies get nominated each time.

Also, RIP Karl Malden. I think he deserves some attention amidst all of the crying for a scumbag pedophile.

As for the 10 nominees next year, I'm still undecided about that. Could be good, could be bad, but it will probably be meaningless in the end. On average, I'd say the Academy usually picks 3 worthy nominees and a couple of...well let's just say uninspired choices. There will still be the favorites and I doubt this will have any affect on what movie wins. Although, maybe now that people know there are 10 they will vote for things they wouldn't before because they didn't think they had a chance. Ultimately, it seems to be just a ploy to get more people to watch the Oscars. I'm guessing it'll be the same kind of movies as usual just 5 more of them.

QUOTE (The Bones @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 01:30 AM)
Good to know that my signature inspired something positive...haha. I can't say enough good things about that movie. The performances, the pace, the scenery, the music, everything is just perfect.

As for the 10 nominees next year, I'm still undecided about that. Could be good, could be bad, but it will probably be meaningless in the end. On average, I'd say the Academy usually picks 3 worthy nominees and a couple of...well let's just say uninspired choices. There will still be the favorites and I doubt this will have any affect on what movie wins. Although, maybe now that people know there are 10 they will vote for things they wouldn't before because they didn't think they had a chance. Ultimately, it seems to be just a ploy to get more people to watch the Oscars. I'm guessing it'll be the same kind of movies as usual just 5 more of them.

I'm sure it won't. I just hate the idea of some completely undeserving film having "Nominated for Best Picture" in their commercials to try to sway people to see it. The s***ty part is that it will actually get more people to waste their money on movies that don't deserve the attention they will get.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 09:41 AM)
I'm sure it won't. I just hate the idea of some completely undeserving film having "Nominated for Best Picture" in their commercials to try to sway people to see it. The s***ty part is that it will actually get more people to waste their money on movies that don't deserve the attention they will get.

I think another part of the idea though is that people may watch the oscars if a movie they like is nominated...i.e. last year...the Dark Knight had to be right on the cusp of being a best picture nominee. You jump up to 10 films on the list and it's certainly one of the 10.

I like the 10 movie nods. Why should the best movie have the same amount of entries as best supporting actor or actress?

Why do critics have top 10, not 5, lists? The Reader certainly did not deserve a nomination for best picture last year. WALL-E, The Dark Knight, Grand Torino, and The Wrestler were significantly better.