White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 7/2807 (W)

briguy27

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 06:58 PM)
Wasn't paying attention. Glanced at TV and thought that was Owens batting. Similar stances.

except not even close. Owens has a way more wide open stance than Richar

Edited by kyyle23

And a new low for Scott Podsednik. Instead of the 24 year old rookie getting a standing ovation for his first major league hit he instead has to go directly to his defensive position. Congratulations Scott Podsednik on Ruining the biggest moment of Richar's life thus far.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 06:59 PM)
Anyone mind explaining what happened?

Pods on 2nd, Richar hits one up the middle. McDonald dives, Richar would have been safe at 1st by a mile, but Pods tries to score on a grounder on the infield and gets caught in a run down 3 feet from 3rd base.

Pods on second, Uribe on first. Richar hit it up the middle, the SS John MacDonald dove and stopped it, and threw it to third because Pods took a wide turn, they had Pods in a rundown and he just stopped and let Glaus tag him without one rundown throw.

edit: damn i type slow. :)

Edited by kyyle23

Well, one thing that people aren't mentioning....Scottie sees a bouncing ball up the middle and is running hard because he wants to score on a base hit. Razor Shines doesn't exactly put up the stop sign early, and McDonald just alertly throws it over to third immediately. It was just an outstanding play by McDonald, even Glaus was shocked to have the ball thrown over.

It wasn't Scottie's fault. If anyone, I blame Shines, although it was more a very heads up play by McDonald than anyone's fault.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)
Well, one thing that people aren't mentioning....Scottie sees a bouncing ball up the middle and is running hard because he wants to score on a base hit. Razor Shines doesn't exactly put up the stop sign early, and McDonald just alertly throws it over to third immediately. It was just an outstanding play by McDonald, even Glaus was shocked to have the ball thrown over.

It wasn't Scottie's fault. If anyone, I blame Shines, although it was more a very heads up play by McDonald than anyone's fault.

So it can't be Pods' fault that he just stopped 10 feet short of home plate and gave them an out.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 07:04 PM)

I agree, Shines must have fallen asleep to let him go that far from the base. But the rundown part is what pisses me off. Pods is fast, he can steal some bases, he should be able to at least give a little chase there. He just stopped

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 28, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
Im intrigued about this Steve Stone and Hawk Harrelson pairing. Im wondering how Stone will react to Hawks meandering mind during a game

I would love for Stone to smart him off and be sarcastic, making Hawk look bad.