White Sox vs. Tigers, 8/05/07 (W)

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 01:39 PM)
f***....I love having a shortstops arm at 2nd. Mix that with Iguchi's not so strong arm and wow...nice turn.

Richar to me looks to be a future lead off guy, or number 2 hitter. He makes a lot of contact, so far hasnt shown a propensity to strike out. And he has the speed.

This so far looks like a great trade from KW. i know people like Cunningham, and he might be great someday. But we have nothing in the minors for middle infield. Now if we can somehow matchup in the offseason for Hu from the Dodgers, our infield should be set for a long time.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 02:42 PM)
This so far looks like a great trade from KW. i know people like Cunningham, and he might be great someday. But we have nothing in the minors for middle infield. Now if we can somehow matchup in the offseason for Hu from the Dodgers, our infield should be set for a long time.

Ding ding.

I didn't like giving up Cunningham and has now moved into BA's Top 100 prospects, but like you said we needed something in the MI and there is nothing on the farm (although I do like Getz, he doesn't look as dynamic as Richar).

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
Richar to me looks to be a future lead off guy, or number 2 hitter. He makes a lot of contact, so far hasnt shown a propensity to strike out. And he has the speed.

I completely agree. I would like to let him ease into next year though with the Sox finding a legit top of the order guy. I really wouldn't at all have a problem with Owens if he keeps playing like he has the past month or so (as one of the clubs outfielders and one of the top of the order guys with the club also picking up a very quality shortstop or something else to be the other top of the order guy) and obviously having Dye or another good bat in the outfield plus a good young bat (probably acquired elsewhere with Sweeney as the 4th OF).

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
Gavin at 4IP, 4H, 0BB, 0R, 5Ks and a couple of those hits could have been outs.

I didn't see this coming, but what a shot of confidence this will be for him...we need to get him a couple more runs.

Its still early with only 4 innings under his belt, but if Floyd keeps this up and doesn't get another couple starts in a row I'm going to be pretty upset (unless of course Jose comes in and throws a no hitter and than immediately gets dealt, LOL).

Richar looks like he sees the ball well and is patient, combined with few k's (or so it appears from the early parts I've seen) and good speed and you got to like what you see (plus he has a live bat to get xtra base hits).

Now I want to see the Sox really work with him on helping him improve his baserunning.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 11:47 AM)
Is this Tatoo pitcher for Detroit any kind of prospect? Looks like a fluffer to me.

Had a good ML debut against the A's. Works real fast and was throwing strike after strike early on in the game (and did a hell of a job moving the ball all over the zone) but has since not looked quite as good.

Still, I think he looks like he could start for at least a few clubs.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2007 -> 06:47 PM)
Richar looks like he sees the ball well and is patient, combined with few k's (or so it appears from the early parts I've seen) and good speed and you got to like what you see (plus he has a live bat to get xtra base hits).

He doesn't look overmatched like Anderson or Sweeney did, so that's definitely good to see. I'm still reserving judgement but so far, so good.

Yes....Jerry Owens with an extra base hit (maybe this will shut some of you up that complain about how he just hits singles...I don't give a damn as long as he hits and continues to improve his eye and draws walks). I'm starting to get this thought that Owens could actually pan out (but he's going to have to really draw walks and hit for a pretty high average and make great use of his speed).

Ersty shows up!!!