2008 Flying Under the Radar

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/canseco-not-...rst-round-18773

Canseco Not Enough Juice; KO’d in First Round

It took years for Jose Canseco take down the sport of baseball with his tell-all book, Juiced. It took just seconds for Canseco to be taken down by former NFL return man Vai Sikahema in Saturday night’s celebrity boxing match in Atlantic City.

The baseball slugger turned prolific author turned guy who will show up wherever there’s a check to be given out spent nearly as much time on the mat as he did on his feet. THE PRESS OF ATLANTIC CITY reports “The 5-foot-9 Sikahema, 45, swarmed all over the 6-4 Canseco, 44, as soon as the opening bell sounded. He knocked Canseco down twice before the fight was stopped.”

Before the fight, organizers were looking for three beautiful girls to volunteer to be ring card girls. Sadly for two of them, their services were not needed. I’m sure there will be other opportunities for these young ladies to show a crowd of drunk men their assets. I am not sure, however, if there will be more opportunities for Jose to earn a reported $35,000 to get pummeled in a 1/4 filled minor league baseball stadium.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS spoke to Canseco at Friday night’s pre-fight festivities telling the paper, “Let’s see what happens, how I do, how the fans like it. I’ll have to see. If I go anything further than this I’ll have to train a lot more, really take this serious. I really didn’t take this serious at all. Hopefully we can have some fun.”

Didn’t seem like Jose had too much fun last night.

Funny in bold.

I play in a Wednesday night summer basketball league. Our team is starting to wonder if we have looks on our faces that piss refs off cuz every game is so lopsided on fouls.

Tonight, I posted up and dropped stepped baseline. My defender swiped down and got all arm. This big slap rang out through the gym and no call. I didn't say anything. Than on the other end, my teammate got called for the same things and I asked the ref, "Can we get that called on the other end, please." I was legit polite, and he T'd me up.

I was fighting for a loose ball and a guy from the other team had it, dribbled off his leg, dove for it, and slid out of bounds with the ball on his leg, and the ref called it out on me. Fouls in the 2nd half were 13-2 against us. 3 of the fouls we committed to put the other team at the line.

It's like this every week.

One guy on our team who can't touch the rim, got called for goaltending on a blocked shot. I am still so mad, I won't be able to go to sleep til I settle down.

• 2 weeks later...

If you wanna succeed in sports broadcasting, it helps to be a hot female. The trend continues as I just discovered Carrie Milbank. She does tennis and smaller stuff now but is smoking hot.

www.CarrieMilbank.com

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 2, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
If you wanna succeed in sports broadcasting, it helps to be a hot female. The trend continues as I just discovered Carrie Milbank. She does tennis and smaller stuff now but is smoking hot.

www.CarrieMilbank.com

carrie_milbank_sm.jpg

yes