6/11 Games

scenario

Charlotte @ Norfolk

Lance Broadway vs. Ryan Bukvich

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...chraaa_noraaa_1

Charlotte won 11-2. See notes in another post below.

Birmingham @ Carolina

McCulloch pitching

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...biraax_cmcaax_1

Barons won 7-2.

McCulloch had a very nice outing. 7 innings; 0 runs; 6 hits; 4 K's; and 1 walk.

Winston-Salem @ Potomac (Game 1)

They're picking up yesterday's suspended game in the 4th inning.

Matt Long pitching today. AC threw 3 scoreless last night before the game was stopped.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...wswafa_potafa_1

Warthogs ended up losing 7-1. Bahhh...

Winston-Salem @ Potomac (Game 2)

Jacob Rasner with the start.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...wswafa_potafa_1

WS lost 4-1 despite a very strong start for Jacob Rasner.

Rasner went 5 innings; 0 runs; only gave up 2 hits; struck out 6 and walked 2.

Kannapolis @ West Virginia

Socolovich is scheduled to pitch.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/st...kanafx_wvaafx_1

Kanny lost 7-0. Crap, crap, and more crap.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 05:46 PM)
Ryan Bukvich is starting against our triple A team. Wow.

Not only that, but Luis Terrero is batting cleanup for Norfolk as well...

Broadway having a nice rebound today after a couple of shakey starts. So far through 7: 8 K, 2 BB, 2 H, 0 R

Fields 1-3 with a double and 2 K's. Richar with an 0'fer. Eldred still doing what he does, another homer, making 21 on the year now.

Richar ending up getting a hit in the 9th. And Fields hit another double.

As of this note, the game is still going. The first 7 Charlotte hitters in the 9th got hits. Summary below...

Charlotte Top 9th

- Pitcher Change: Esteban Yan replaces Fernando Cabrera.

- Jerry Owens singles on a line drive to left fielder Brandon Fahey.

- With Josh Fields batting, Jerry Owens steals (16) 2nd base.

- Josh Fields doubles (8) on a line drive to center fielder Chris Roberson. Jerry Owens scores.

- Danny Richar singles on a ground ball to second baseman Eider Torres. Josh Fields to 3rd.

- Brad Eldred doubles (17) on a line drive to center fielder Chris Roberson. Josh Fields scores. Danny Richar to 3rd.

- Dewayne Wise hits a ground-rule double (12) on a fly ball to right field. Danny Richar scores. Brad Eldred scores.

- Pitcher Change: Chris Waters replaces Esteban Yan.

- Jason Bourgeois singles on a line drive to left fielder Brandon Fahey. Dewayne Wise to 3rd.

- Chris Getz singles on a line drive to right fielder Jeff Fiorentino. Dewayne Wise scores. Jason Bourgeois to 2nd.

A couple more hits and runs scored before the end of the inning.

Charlotte up 11-2, so they brought in MacDougal to close it out. Not sure if that's enough of a cushion for him though.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 11, 2008 -> 10:09 PM)
Which one? I'm a big time Simpson's fan and I can't ever remember hearing him mentioned.

When homer takes over the power plant... it's when Bart and Milhouse are having a pickup game with their friends.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 03:21 AM)
cook not in lienup for bham. does that mean he's moving up?

Possible, but I think it would be reasonable to think he got the day off because he's their horse and they just clinched.

Boy, Victor Mercedes has been surprisingly good so far for B-Ham this year. Hitting almost .300 now.

And Sergio Miranda, after having a very rough start at W-S and getting demoted to Kanny (and starting rough there too), now has a 7-game hitting streak (hitting .333 w/ 3 doubles during), and is back to taking more walks than strikeouts like he did last year. Hopefully that means he's getting back on track.

Jerry Owens seems to have woken up... Hitting .381 over his last 10 games. (Up to .261 now.)

Ditto Jason Bourgeois... who is hitting .378 in his last 10 games. (Up to .248).

Josh Fields... batting .333 in his last 10 and .266 on the season.

Chris Getz remains hot. Batting .389 in his last 10 and averaging .312 on the season.

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
Jerry Owens seems to have woken up... Hitting .381 over his last 10 games. (Up to .261 now.)

Ditto Jason Bourgeois... who is hitting .378 in his last 10 games. (Up to .248).

Josh Fields... batting .333 in his last 10 and .266 on the season.

Chris Getz remains hot. Batting .389 in his last 10 and averaging .312 on the season.

I may be in the minorty, but I think Getz is ready. I'd like to see him on the bench instead of Pablo at this stage.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 12:01 PM)
I may be in the minorty, but I think Getz is ready. I'd like to see him on the bench instead of Pablo at this stage.

It can be very difficult for a player with no MLB experience to play only once a week and be effective. I don't know if I would do that in a season where we may be able to contend for a playoff spot.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 12, 2008 -> 11:16 AM)
It can be very difficult for a player with no MLB experience to play only once a week and be effective. I don't know if I would do that in a season where we may be able to contend for a playoff spot.

That's a good point, but I think Getz's role is probably as a utility guy anyway. So why not start now? Looking at his history, and the scouting reports I've read, I think he'll likely out-produce Ozuna this year if given the chance. Plus from what I've read, Getz is a better defender than Pablo too. And Getz hits lefty - which is a real need for this team.

If he does well in that role, then you can give him a chance to compete against Richar for the starting 2B slot in 2009.