9/9: White Sox vs Blue Jays, DH G2: 7:11, CSN

fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 10:07 PM)
What do you want me to say about Ozzie??

I haven't studied tonight's games, but when he brings in a reliever and that reliever gets shelled as has happened like that stiff KW brought in from the Royals ... it's Oz's fault? Bulls***. If he leaves in the starter and the starter gets ripped in the sixth, it's Oz's fault.

If AJP can't get a bunt down, it's Oz's fault.

Yeah it's Oz's fault cause he's the manager. I look at the big picture. He has this very questionable team in the hunt in September. We have no team speed at all. We have a suspect starting rotation that has overachieved (thanks in large part I'm sure to Oz and Cooper both). We still have a shaky bullpen except for Bobby. Aside from Bobby, that bullpen for the most part has been average to a little below average.

What else do you want me to say??

That one game when Ozzie bunted AJP and they walked CQ and we didn't score, everybody blamed Ozzie. The very next inning, Boston didn't bunt in the exact same situation and the guy (Pedroia? somebody) hit into a DP.

Oz is good.

It isn't Ozzie's fault that AJ can't get a bunt down. It is his fault that he continually asks AJ to try to bunt when he clearly sucks at it. Part of a manager's job is to put their players in a position to succeed.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you want me to say about Ozzie??

I haven't studied tonight's games, but when he brings in a reliever and that reliever gets shelled as has happened like that stiff KW brought in from the Royals ... it's Oz's fault? Bulls***. If he leaves in the starter and the starter gets ripped in the sixth, it's Oz's fault.

If AJP can't get a bunt down, it's Oz's fault.

Yeah it's Oz's fault cause he's the manager. I look at the big picture. He has this very questionable team in the hunt in September. We have no team speed at all. We have a suspect starting rotation that has overachieved (thanks in large part I'm sure to Oz and Cooper both). We still have a shaky bullpen except for Bobby. Aside from Bobby, that bullpen for the most part has been average to a little below average.

What else do you want me to say??

That one game when Ozzie bunted AJP and they walked CQ and we didn't score, everybody blamed Ozzie. The very next inning, Boston didn't bunt in the exact same situation and the guy (Pedroia? somebody) hit into a DP.

Oz is good.

You clearly aren't getting what I'm saying and you CLEARLY have minimal understanding of managerial duties.

A half-ass ranting post with no real point and a fit of anger followed by a simple, contradicting "Oz is good" doesn't help your case, either.

You AREN'T looking at the big picture. No, AJ can't bunt. And who's the guy who asked him to? Who makes those decisions not to tell the battery to walk a guy who clearly should be put on? Who takes out pitchers when they shouldn't be? Who puts inferior defenders in the game in the late innings when the game is tight? Who makes these stupid managerial decisions? THE MANAGER, sir.

I'll give you a second to suck it all in. It's all common sense, really.

AJ can't bunt. Yet every day in BP these guys plop down bunts. Why do they have to bunt as part of BP? Because they might be asked to bunt. I just told you in the exact same situation, Boston's swinging away resulted in a DP and we won that game. Their fans had to be saying what a moron their manager was for letting Pedroia swing away instead of bunt. I look at the big picture. Our team is in the hunt to win it despite a team with many many weaknesses. I credit the manager some for that success.

He has reasons for every move he makes. He's a damn good manager. I did not like Bevington and some of the other hacks who couldn't put us in position to win a division.

If a manager asks you to bunt, it should be in your repertoire to bunt. Didn't AJP play in the NL? How many bunts did he get down there. I'm sure it's in the stat books somewhere.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2008 -> 11:12 PM)
AJ can't bunt. Yet every day in BP these guys plop down bunts. Why do they have to bunt as part of BP? Because they might be asked to bunt. I just told you in the exact same situation, Boston's swinging away resulted in a DP and we won that game. Their fans had to be saying what a moron their manager was for letting Pedroia swing away instead of bunt. I look at the big picture. Our team is in the hunt to win it despite a team with many many weaknesses. I credit the manager some for that success.

He has reasons for every move he makes. He's a damn good manager. I did not like Bevington and some of the other hacks who couldn't put us in position to win a division.

If a manager asks you to bunt, it should be in your repertoire to bunt. Didn't AJP play in the NL? How many bunts did he get down there. I'm sure it's in the stat books somewhere.

I can guarantee you that no Boston fan would ever call their manager a moron for not having Pedroia bunt. Pedroia is an excellent hitter, why would you take the bat out of his hands. Sure in that situation he grounded into a DP but I'll give him the opportunity to swing away each and every time without question. You don't give away outs with a hitter of that caliber. It would be like asking Quentin to lay down a bunt.

AJ played one season in the NL and had 2 sacrifice bunts. He has sucked at bunting this season so why put him in a position to fail?