Sox Hockey Jerseys

hogan873

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rangercal @ Oct 17, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
There is a time and place for everything. Obviously I would dress for the occasion. But, I could still picture myself at the age of 75, at a sports bar wearing my old beaten Thomas Jersey.

Aye to that, mine wouldnt necessarily be a Thomas jersey, but it'd be a Sox jersey of some sort.

It's not what people think, it's what you become comfortable in. Believe it or not but some people do change as they grow up. Some people don't. Hairstyles, glasses, shoes, cars, clothing. Some people even keep calling other people names like they are in third grade at recess. If you are the type of guy that wants to look like he's perpetually 17, go for it. I never said anything about what people think. My point is you change as you get older. Fashions change as you get older. I'm certain y'all would respect your mom's if they wore halter tops and miniskirts like they did when they were in college. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 08:03 AM)
It's not what people think, it's what you become comfortable in. Believe it or not but some people do change as they grow up. Some people don't. Hairstyles, glasses, shoes, cars, clothing. Some people even keep calling other people names like they are in third grade at recess. If you are the type of guy that wants to look like he's perpetually 17, go for it. I never said anything about what people think. My point is you change as you get older. Fashions change as you get older. I'm certain y'all would respect your mom's if they wore halter tops and miniskirts like they did when they were in college. :lolhitting

That's not where this started.

It started with you saying you think it looks stupid.

So the discussion is about what others think at some level.

My respect for my mother isn't based on wardrobe, never has been.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 07:16 AM)

You are forgetting I added MOST OF THE TIME. But of course some people do not understand what that actually means or did not read that.

And respect was a very poor choice in my post. But I am certain y'all would think it was cool that mom is still wearing a mini skirt and halter and dad wears platform shoes with that leisure suit and getting his hair permed. :headbang

Fashions change, and as they do, stuff starts looking silly. The jersey fashion will go away, as has every other fashion throughout history.

But I will admit I was wrong. Y'all have convinced me there are guys over 25 with lifestyles where they can wear jerseys most of the time and not look silly. They can wear them to work, out to dinner, on dates, etc. and they look great.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 08:08 AM)
I'm not trying to change your mind.

I just don't know why it matters to you what someone else chooses to wear.

I'm not certain why someone cares what I think about what they wear, but that seems to be the thread :lol: Why else post a picture of a new outfit?You thought enough to criticize the bottom.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm not certain why someone cares what I think about what they wear, but that seems to be the thread :lol: Why else post a picture of a new outfit?You thought enough to criticize the bottom.

I commented on the jersey because I like wearing jerseys.

That's what the thread was about.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 09:20 AM)
I commented on the jersey because I like wearing jerseys.

That's what the thread was about.

And my comment was enjoy them now because when you get older, most of the time, they are going to look silly. But my opinion was changed and I acknowledge when that happens. There are guys in their late twenties, thirties, and older that can wear them most of the time. They can wear them to work, out to dinner at their usual restaurants, when they are hanging out at the sports bar on a Wednesday night for Hump Day, watching Sports Center at home, you know, most of the time. :lol: :cheers

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 08:16 AM)

That's why I respect her!

I don't see how wearing jerseys will ever go out of style...unless teams stop wearing jerseys?

You can argue that the older you get, the less you'll wear them, but there will always be a younger group to snatch up the new design. It's one of the best ways to show your support of your team, so I don't see how it's a 'fashion' that would disappear. And jerseys are getting more stylish and hip, are they not?

And Critic, I'm with you on hockey jerseys. I have a lot of them, they are sweet to wear.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 07:24 AM)
You are forgetting I added MOST OF THE TIME. But of course some people do not understand what that actually means or did not read that.

And respect was a very poor choice in my post. But I am certain y'all would think it was cool that mom is still wearing a mini skirt and halter and dad wears platform shoes with that leisure suit and getting his hair permed. :headbang

Fashions change, and as they do, stuff starts looking silly. The jersey fashion will go away, as has every other fashion throughout history.

But I will admit I was wrong. Y'all have convinced me there are guys over 25 with lifestyles where they can wear jerseys most of the time and not look silly. They can wear them to work, out to dinner, on dates, etc. and they look great.

Actually, I work at a hardware store and I see old men in their 50's and 60's coming in all the time in White Sox and Cubs jerseys. Jerseys can be worn as casual-wear by people of all ages.

I also refuse service to customers wearing Cubs jerseys. ;)

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 07:24 AM)

Actually, I work at a hardware store and I see old men in their 50's and 60's coming in all the time in White Sox and Cubs jerseys. Jerseys can be worn as casual-wear by people of all ages.

I also refuse service to customers wearing Cubs jerseys. ;)

They will die like all fashions, people tire of them. They move onto something else. For example, people will always wear pants, and these were really comfortable, and showed your support of your team, yet I haven't seen anyone wearing them in a long time.

zubaz.jpg

At some point people will get tired of dressing on Tuesday like their heroes dress on Sunday. But hey, I could be wrong. Jerseys may be the only fashion trend that is forever. I can't name another one, can anyone? The best I can come up with are blue jeans. But the styles have changed a lot. High wasted bell bottoms are hard to find.

But for now jerseys are pretty cool, and I really like the cross sport, like a Sox hockey jersey. Although, IMNSHO the regular Blackhawks is the coolest jersey in all sports.

QUOTE (Texsox @ Oct 20, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
They will die like all fashions, people tire of them. They move onto something else. For example, people will always wear pants, and these were really comfortable, and showed your support of your team, yet I haven't seen anyone wearing them in a long time.

zubaz.jpg

At some point people will get tired of dressing on Tuesday like their heroes dress on Sunday. But hey, I could be wrong. Jerseys may be the only fashion trend that is forever. I can't name another one, can anyone? The best I can come up with are blue jeans. But the styles have changed a lot. High wasted bell bottoms are hard to find.

But for now jerseys are pretty cool, and I really like the cross sport, like a Sox hockey jersey. Although, IMNSHO the regular Blackhawks is the coolest jersey in all sports.

I have a Bears Zubaz cap if anyone's interested.