Blue Jays @ White Sox 7:11

letsgoarow

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 06:46 PM)
Move Jenks and Thome to a contender to start retooling this thing w/ someone young and contributing. Those are two guys who are not bad players now but will drop off a table and become so in no time.

Jim Thome continues to have a complete no trade clause whether we like it or not.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 08:46 PM)
Move Jenks and Thome to a contender to start retooling this thing w/ someone young and contributing. Those are two guys who are not bad players now but will drop off a table and become so in no time.

Exactly! Then Dotel can close games out for us!!1

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
Exactly! Then Dotel can close games out for us!!1

It's time to acknowledge Thornton as the best guy in this pen, and I wouldnt putting him at the top of a short list of in house potential closer candidates.

This isnt knee jerk b/c i have past posts suggesting a Jenks move. You get good value for this guy while he comes off a year like this w/ great ERA but poor K stats. And if we dont get value thru this, I dont know how else we'd do it thru trade. I suppose Dye would be a possibility but i think he's too much to give up for what we'd get back.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 08:53 PM)
It's time to acknowledge Thornton as the best guy in this pen, and I wouldnt putting him at the top of a short list of in house potential closer candidates.

This isnt knee jerk b/c i have past posts suggesting a Jenks move. You get good value for this guy while he comes off a year like this w/ great ERA but poor K stats.

Come on. Who cares how he's getting them out? He's lost a good 6 mph on his heater since 2005 but he's developed a nasty cutter. I don't care if he's getting flyball outs if his ERA is going to be under 2 for most of the year.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 10, 2008 -> 09:53 PM)

This isnt knee jerk b/c i have past posts suggesting a Jenks move. You get good value for this guy while he comes off a year like this w/ great ERA but poor K stats. And if we dont get value thru this, I dont know how else we'd do it thru trade. I suppose Dye would be a possibility but i think he's too much to give up for what we'd get back.

Yeah, Thorndog has never given up a hit/run in a big situation or a big HR late in the game. So your option is to trade on of the better closers in the game and move thorton there....and then what? Bring up the Booner to get out tough lefties? Maybe we can get Cotts and Ardsama back too.