3/16 Game Thread - Sox vs. Royals

daa84

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
Brandon Allen just destroyed a ball. Two-Run triple. STANDING UP
He's got some speed. Lots of people here think he could be a pretty good player for us, and I'd agree, based on what little I've seen of him.

I really loved that inning. Fields down 0-2 worked a walk. Then Restovich opposite field double , then Allen with the triple , Getz with the GO rbi and the Miller HR. Love getting to see the new guys perform well even if most of them end up back in the minors. We hardly see any triples during the season and not even enough doubles.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
so colon looked pretty bad, he doesn't have the stuff to not locate....i imagine its mainly due to the fact that its his first time on the mound really, and that he'll figure it out, but he can't be the hard thrower he was early in his career....he's gonna have to pitch

He's been doing that for several years, so its not a problem. Also the only way this outing could be considered bad was if he hurt himself again. Coming back from elbow surgery and pitching this early is a huge win for us, and huge for Colon.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 16, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
A lot of Soxtalkers keep insisting that Lillibridge will be a backup on the 25 man roster because of speed and his D but I don't see it happening unless he gets more wood on the ball.

He plays good defense at 3 positions, thats why he has a good chance to make the team.