GAME THREAD: 5/1, Sox @ TEX, 7:05pm CT

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 2, 2009 -> 01:51 AM)
IMO BA has looked much more patient and has just looked better at the plate overall. Fields is off to a decent start after being unimpressive last year. All I'm saying it that I think it's stupid to blame Walker when veterans are making stupid ass mistakes. But I'm open as to why you don't like Walker

Fields sucked last year cause his knee was basically worthless. He showed huge power potential 2 years ago when he called up, and he just doesn't look like as aggressive this year (batting him 2nd has got to mess with his mindset). I'm not going to even discuss Anderson though, as his swing still is rather awful for a MLB starting position player and he's shown no extra base hit potential this year.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2009 -> 08:54 PM)
Yeah. I was stunned. I thought for sure he would be in trouble.

In the era of Youtube and Deadspin, no doubt he'd be in trouble today.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:55 PM)
someone told me the fault line there could do more damage than the san andreas. I'll defer to Balta.

The New Madrid doesn't go often, but when it does, it can be a big one.

Thome with a 3R double!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
Damn, that missed by a foot. Hell of a job Thome!

Less than a foot.

I was dead wrong about Jim, if he can drive the ball like that then he needs to be in the lineup. I will never doubt him again.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 1, 2009 -> 07:59 PM)
If a pitcher just hits Thome's bat, it can do major damage.

He's absolutely incredible. He missed badly on that first pitch fastball but his swing on the double was a thing of beauty. I f***ing love that big lug.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 1, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
He's absolutely incredible. He missed badly on that first pitch fastball but his swing on the double was a thing of beauty. I f***ing love that big lug.

I do too. He's looked like he's about 50 years old for several years, talks real slow and eats a lot of red meat.