Sox @ Angels 5-25-09 - Danks vs. Santana

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:43 PM)
Even simpler than that: it's ref***ingtarded to platoon him when his platoon partner is a 32 year old bad baseball player and of the two Brian is the righty which means the 32 year old gets the majority of the starts.

I don't understand how we can be so damn defensive about first round bust Lance Broadway and a struggling kid like Josh Fields, and then let Brian Anderson continually get screwed around even when he performs..

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 25, 2009 -> 06:43 PM)
Even simpler than that: it's ref***ingtarded to platoon him when his platoon partner is a 32 year old bad baseball player and of the two Brian is the righty which means the 32 year old gets the majority of the starts.

Well, that too. Let's do a little compare and contrast.

Better average: BA

Better power: BA (despite it being way down this year)

Better on base: BA

Better baserunner: BA

Pure speed: Pods

Defense/Arm: BA

Honeys: Pods (Quality) BA (Quantity)

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 25, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Pure speed: Pods

Really? I mean, Pods has never been the fastest guy despite the steals. He has good speed but great stolen base technique; that's how he was so good. Wasn't Anderson a track runner in college?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
Really? I mean, Pods has never been the fastest guy despite the steals. He has good speed but great stolen base technique; that's how he was so good. Wasn't Anderson a track runner in college?

That's just my guess, I'd be surprised if a healthy Pods couldn't outrun BA in a 60.

I believe Anderson would probably be faster, but I'd also give Pods the advantage over Anderson in terms of hitting for average. However, anyone who's followed the Sox since 2005 should know who Ozzie favors in this situation.

As bad as Podsednik is, he is the only thing close to a lead off hitter. I am not a fan of Pods and I like Anderson but Getz is worse than Pods right now.

I posted in the game thread that the managing of the bottom of the 8th should keep Cora from ever getting a managing job. Fields defense is terrible he has zero range. The fact there is no defensive substitution there is inexcusable. You will never miss Fields bat.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:00 PM)
As bad as Podsednik is, he is the only thing close to a lead off hitter. I am not a fan of Pods and I like Anderson but Getz is worse than Pods right now.

A leadoff hitter is a guy that takes pitches and gets on base. Pods is doing very little of both.

Actually, I'd say Pods has been doing his best job leading off for us since 2005.

And as the other poster stated, Pods is sadly the best option we have for a leadoff hitter.

I'd be shocked if Chone Figgins isn't wearing a white sox uni next year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
Actually, I'd say Pods has been doing his best job leading off for us since 2005.

And as the other poster stated, Pods is sadly the best option we have for a leadoff hitter.

So a guy with a .300 on base percentage who is getting picked off on almost a daily basis along with other base running mistakes is our best option. Really?

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)

Sadly, the lead-off hitter problem far trumps actual baseball playing ability if you're Ozzie Guillen.

I f***ing knew this s*** would happen, and that's exactly why I was pissed to see Lillibridge going down with Pods staying up. Pods is never going to leave this team this year. He's not going to get hurt either. It'll be Darin Erstad all over again, except even worse because Pods unfortunately isn't the type of person to blow out his ankles just by swinging the bat.

Eh, Jordan Danks is up again. f*** the Sox, go Barons.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)
So a guy with a .300 on base percentage who is getting picked off on almost a daily basis along with other base running mistakes is our best option. Really?

Yep. That's how sad the White Sox have become these days.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 25, 2009 -> 05:57 PM)
If Kenny can find a way to get Figgins here, playing third base, I'm up all for it.

Let's say hypothetically that the Sox Sign Figgins...then what do we do with Viciedo (assuming Fields is out of the picture, which is a silly assumption granted). Say then we move Viciedo to OF...we wind up with Anderson and Danks fighting for a spot, and Anderson's about to be an arbitration guy, which means he'll be a bit more expensive than you want to pay for a bench guy...and although we keep benching him, Anderson's playing like a starter right now.

If nothing else...signing a guy like Figgins would need to be coupled to another couple of smart moves, because I don't like selling low on Fields and Anderson by letting Anderson walk for nothing and sending Fields to AAA.

QUOTE (tommy @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:57 PM)
If Kenny can find a way to get Figgins here, playing third base, I'm up all for it.

Why not give Fields the opportunity to play through the summer and see what happens so we don't end up with another Brian Anderson situation? It's not like we're one or two pieces away. We suck in a sucky division. Let's see what we have and go from there.

Beckham homers!

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 25, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)
Why not give Fields the opportunity to play through the summer and see what happens so we don't end up with another Brian Anderson situation? It's not like we're one or two pieces away. We suck in a sucky division. Let's see what we have and go from there.

Beckham homers!

Fields sucks. It's been two months, and it's quite evident he'll never make it as a ball player, at least not with us.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 25, 2009 -> 07:58 PM)

Have you seen our other options?