GameThread: White Sox(22-25) vs Royals(23-26) 6:10 CT WGN

Kyyle23

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:24 AM)
What happened on the triple?

Bloomquist hit what should have been a pretty routine fly to center, but Anderson was shaded way over to right and extremely shallow. Anderson made a big dive for it, but missed it. Stoney was critical of Anderson's jump.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 30, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Take away his 1 fluky game and his OBP drops below .300 and no that's really not any better than what I expected, that's awful. The leadoff spot is still a big whole. As for his many assists: when you have a noodle arm they're gonna take some real stupid chances on you, I give Podsednik credit, he's gotten those lollipop throws to the bag on time.

lol, what a terrible argument. Whenever a player has less than 100 AB's, one game can give you a big boost up or down stat wise.

Why can't you just admit that Pods has been better than expected. He's been far from great, but he's giving good AB's, and putting the ball in play. He isn't the answer at leadoff, but he's certainly the best option we have right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2009 -> 07:31 PM)
Bloomquist hit what should have been a pretty routine fly to center, but Anderson was shaded way over to right and extremely shallow. Anderson made a big dive for it, but missed it. Stoney was critical of Anderson's jump.

Yeah I figured it had to have been hit away from Anderson if it was a triple to center with him playing there. It's rare that he actually misplays a ball.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:35 AM)
Yeah I figured it had to have been hit away from Anderson if it was a triple to center with him playing there. It's rare that he actually misplays a ball.

I personally couldn't tell if it was a bad jump. He was playing way too shallow though, and Buehrle pitched away from the defense by leaving a change-up over the inner half.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
His new style of hitting basically makes it impossible for him to draw a walk. Lets just hope he can keep swinging the magic wand though.

FWIW, he's hitting .241/.272/.287/.559 outside of his magical day in Anaheim. If that surpasses your expectations then you couldn't have thought much of the man going into this latest stint.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2009 -> 07:37 PM)
I personally couldn't tell if it was a bad jump. He was playing way too shallow though, and Buehrle pitched away from the defense by leaving a change-up over the inner half.

It's really hard to tell a jump from TV unless you're actually at the game. I actually haven't seen Anderson play in person until earlier this year, I had to take everyone's word for it until then. I think it's fair to say he has almost as much range as Adam Jones (someone I get to see a lot).

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)
It's really hard to tell a jump from TV unless you're actually at the game. I actually haven't seen Anderson play in person until earlier this year, I had to take everyone's word for it until then. I think it's fair to say he has almost as much range as Adam Jones (someone I get to see a lot).

Adam Jones is excellent already, and looks to be a top 10 player for the future. He reminds me a lot of Eric Davis.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2009 -> 07:42 PM)
Adam Jones is excellent already, and looks to be a top 10 player for the future. He reminds me a lot of Eric Davis.

I developed a mild mancrush on him last year after seeing him play in person. I said he was gonna be a superstar last year before he really broke out, I didn't call him batting .360 going into June though. That's just f***ing insane.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 30, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
lol, what a terrible argument. Whenever a player has less than 100 AB's, one game can give you a big boost up or down stat wise.

Why can't you just admit that Pods has been better than expected. He's been far from great, but he's giving good AB's, and putting the ball in play. He isn't the answer at leadoff, but he's certainly the best option we have right now.

Because he's been bad. That's why. If by good ABs you mean swinging early and popping out/chopping out then yes I guess those are good ABs. He's completely given up on working counts this year as his Pit/PA is by far the lowest it's ever been as is his first pitch swinging %. Being a better option than Getz and Wise is a hell of an accomplishment though, I'm not going to praise a player because he's the tallest midget. We still don't have a good option for the leadoff spot.

When you take away 1 game and a player's numbers drop from meh/bad to horrendous it means he's giving you very little consistency.

If he's not going to work counts, hit for any power or draw any walks then he should at least be able to run the bases well and he's done a terrible job of that.