6/6 Thread - Sox vs. Indians - 3:05pm CDT on Fox

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:48 PM)
Link contains Ozzie's "excuses" for not playing Beckham. What a load of crap.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....p-saturday.html

I love the follow the leader quote. Why isnt a member of the coaching staff saying something in the dugout when they see everyone, including he rookies hacking away. Why not a voice saying, hey guys take a pitch. Guillen acts like they are mindless robots going up there, following the leader. The leaders should be members of the coaching staff, not the guy in front of them.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This fan is absolutely destroying Rongey's logic, and Rongey just keeps interrupting him to say "No I am listening, No I am listening"

No Rongey, we know you're listening, but you continue to stop the guy from talking because you don't want to hear what he's telling you

I normally agree with Rongey, but in this situation (Blame the guy who PUTS these players on the roster, not the players who are there because they were put there)

If you're a player with a track record of success, some blame should be placed there, but there should be some blame placed on Williams as well, for thinking f***ing Lillibridge, Wise, and to an extent Anderson, Getz, Nix and Fields, are WORTHY MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL CONTRIBUTORS IN THE AMERICAN LEAGUE.

That's on you Kenny, and you need to f***ing admit your failure to your fans because this is really bulls***

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:24 PM)
Ozzie Guillen is one of the 5 worst managers in baseball. I am so sick and tired of his bulls***. If we do ONE thing next offseason, it needs to be s*** canning this tool.

that's going to be a tough sell, especially if they win the division again this year. Because as hard as it is to believe, this team is 3.5 games out of first with a 5 game series coming up against the division leader. I'm not suggesting they're going to turn it around this week, but I don't think anyone is going to runaway with this division. It's a weird situation.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:38 PM)
that's going to be a tough sell, especially if they win the division again this year. Because as hard as it is to believe, this team is 3.5 games out of first with a 5 game series coming up against the division leader. I'm not suggesting they're going to turn it around this week, but I don't think anyone is going to runaway with this division. It's a weird situation.

our division being terrible does NOT make Ozzie a good manager. I am livid right now. I want Ozzie gone, want Walker gone, I want the whole goddamned team blown up.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 07:46 PM)
our division being terrible does NOT make Ozzie a good manager. I am livid right now. I want Ozzie gone, want Walker gone, I want the whole goddamned team blown up.

It will be interesting if we struggle for the next few weeks and have to go into selling mode. We have so many youngsters on the way, and Ozzie is not the manager you want in a rebuilding situation.

So far, in the past couple years, I've been driven crazy with Ozzie's insistence on losing ballgames by benching and then refusing to develop Anderson, multiple Bulls Coaches insistence on benching Tyrus Thomas, multiple Bulls coaches insistence on benching Joakim Noah, Vinny Del Negro's insistence on benching Derrick Rose for the 4th quarter a couple months ago, and now we're calling up Beckham to not play him.

Do other cities have coaches who think like this or is this somehow a city-wide phenomenon?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:51 PM)
It will be interesting if we struggle for the next few weeks and have to go into selling mode. We have so many youngsters on the way, and Ozzie is not the manager you want in a rebuilding situation.

honestly, i think it would have been interesting to see Anderson come up with any other manager besides guillen. someone who showed a little confidence in him and didn't f*** around with his at bats all the time. i just hope to god he doesn't ruin Beckham like this.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 08:55 PM)
honestly, i think it would have been interesting to see Anderson come up with any other manager besides guillen. someone who showed a little confidence in him and didn't f*** around with his at bats all the time. i just hope to god he doesn't ruin Beckham like this.

I'd be more interested in seeing Fields and Anderson come up with a different hitting coach, as obviously this particular hitting coach has not been able to get through to them.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
I'd be more interested in seeing Fields and Anderson come up with a different hitting coach, as obviously this particular hitting coach has not been able to get through to them.

amen.

also, what the f*** kind of confidence does this show in your rookie, to take him out after an 0-6 effort? this is the exact kind of s*** that's gonna f*** him up and make him overthink. i wish Ozzie Guillen knew how to be a manager of a baseball team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)

Totally disagree. Anderson has had more than a few stretches where he's had his swing in a good place. He then winds up benched for 2 weeks. Fields has, to my eyes, shown marked improvement over the last couple weeks. Ditto Getz, for that matter.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Totally disagree. Anderson has had more than a few stretches where he's had his swing in a good place. He then winds up benched for 2 weeks. Fields has, to my eyes, shown marked improvement over the last couple weeks. Ditto Getz, for that matter.

Anderson's been in the majors for parts of 5 seasons. His swing is still well below average. Both Anderson and Fields have huge power, and we're just not seeing it. 3 homers combined this year in about 75 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:06 PM)
Anderson's been in the majors for parts of 5 seasons.

Parts of 5 seasons. My point exactly. He never gets treated like a regular, and his bat never comes around because he's never facing live pitching.