Chicago @ Seattle Gamethread

whitesoxbrian

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:31 PM)
First off, I never call Walker a great hitting coach because the Sox hit home runs. When you CONSTANTLY swing with the intention of driving the ball out and striking out like a madman, eventually you WILL hit something. I have never and will never call Walker a great hitting coach.

Second, if what you're saying is true, I would think then that "pro" and these other "pros" wouldn't constantly make this offense look like a little league offense. Just my opinion. I have no problem with YOUR opinion, but your defense of Walker makes it sound like a hitting coach should never be at fault. Just a bad choice of words you used. If no one needs "Greg f***ing Walker" to tell them how to hit, why are there hitting coaches in the first place?

Sorry, I just disagree with your perspective.

But in 2005 using fundamentals, everything was fine. The fundamentals overshadowed the fact that the Sox were still belting out homers at a sickening pace. I don't think Walker went to work today and told Dye- "Hey Jermaine, to get out of your slump, try to hit it off Qwest Field".

I'm not saying Walker is never at fault. But seriously, even if he was telling the veterans to hit homers (which he isn't) do you really think they're dumb enough to try and hit homers everytime they walk up? Come on. I'm sure some of them would say- "Kenny, fire this a**hole". Right?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
Bout time a 9th inning rally! Let's take the series tomorrow and run out of Seattle.

The King is on the mound, but I'm a firm believer a homer like that can get a team going. I'm guessing Buehrle gets back to his normal form tomorrow. 3-2 Sox.

But in 2005 using fundamentals, everything was fine. The fundamentals overshadowed the fact that the Sox were still belting out homers at a sickening pace. I don't think Walker went to work today and told Dye- "Hey Jermaine, to get out of your slump, try to hit it off Qwest Field".

I'm not saying Walker is never at fault. But seriously, even if he was telling the veterans to hit homers (which he isn't) do you really think they're dumb enough to try and hit homers everytime they walk up? Come on. I'm sure some of them would say- "Kenny, fire this a**hole". Right?

Good point there, but it still makes little sense to me that this ENTIRE offense can slump like this time and time again, only going for homers. Walker has nothing to do with that at all? I don't buy that. And 2005 was just one year, really.

As far as that last question, given some of my views on this organization's management, I would easily say, "no." Sad but true.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)
Good point there, but it still makes little sense to me that this ENTIRE offense can slump like this time and time again, only going for homers. Walker has nothing to do with that at all? I don't buy that. And 2005 was just one year, really.

As far as that last question, given some of my views on this organization's management, I would easily say, "no." Sad but true.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that, then.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Aug 11, 2009 -> 11:38 PM)

Even the best offensive teams go through slumps, we just don't follow them like we do the Sox. I would agree that it seems like they go in more slumps than a lot of teams, but I cannot prove it one way or the other.