White Sox/Yankees

Kyyle23

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:20 PM)
none.

he thinks he's using his change too much; i think he's falling behind too much early in the count.

Love Mark -- gamer, etc. But we have here another 2nd half drop-off. That was the killer in '06, and it's not helping now. So I really have to ask: might it be the time for him to, you know, work out in the off-season?

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 04:23 PM)
Love Mark -- gamer, etc. But we have here another 2nd half drop-off. That was the killer in '06, and it's not helping now. So I really have to ask: might it be the time for him to, you know, work out in the off-season?

great point!

Lucky not to be down 3-0....that ball to LF was a homer and was brought back by the wind.

And then we just got a double that was caused by the wind.

Buehrle's problem is very simply...he doesn't have any location/command with the change-up and he's over-relying on the cutter.

Now DYE just lost a sure homer due to the wind...so they're even I suppose.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 05:28 PM)
and JD

It's not about "balls," that is the only thing he IS pitching with when he doesn't have his command, stuff and he has to rely too much on the cutter/FB.

One can never question that aspect of Mark's game, and JD just had a very solid swing that would have been a homer 9.5 days out of 10.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:32 PM)
It's not about "balls," that is the only thing he IS pitching with when he doesn't have his command, stuff and he has to rely too much on the cutter/FB.

One can never question that aspect of Mark's game, and JD just had a very solid swing that would have been a homer 9.5 days out of 10.

hes been garbage since the break and now he gets credit for almost hitting a hr?lol

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Rios swing is just so ugly. Between him and Dye, you have two guys swinging with no confidence.

i wonder why that is bcuz rios was starting to get hot during the time he found out he had been claimed on waivers